Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok been spending a bit.

He-111 1/48
Bf-109E 1/48
Deals for 109's in BoB
RLM 02,04,65,70,71
Micro Sol
Micro Set.

Attachments

• Recent Purchase 1.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Recent Purchase 2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 65
  • chase 3.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 62

Was it a 1/32 kit Erich or the old tried 1/48 Dragon? I've got the C-6 and G-6 in 1/48, thinking of getting, at some point, the G-1/G-10....

Nice haul H-Man!

Hasegawa 1/72 G-6 New kit
Dragon 1/48 G-6 Re-release
AIMS Conversion for 1/32 Revell Ju88 New release

all available this year...choice depends on your scale and how much you want to spend....the 1/32 kit and conversion being quite pricey.

Nice hauls guys. Harrison, I am not jealous! I've been trying to find that kit, or the same one under the Revell lable, for months ! Saw one on thief bay at a ridiculous price, so I'll wait until October and get the 1/32nd scale kit. Still wouldn't mind one in 1/48th though, to accompany the other BoB subjects either built or planned for doing again.

Fingers crossed for you B17

friend of mine gave me these for nothing saying he hasn't any time for models now he is gaming all the time lol his loss! lol

All are unstarted

Thanks guys @Airframes will try lol

just orderd these for the Mustang

and a Tamyia 1/35 Walker Bulldog tank (unmotorised)

Hannant's delivery finally showed up - after they delivered it to the wrong address

Nestled amongst all the paints were these two beauties, both 1/72:

The F-16 is particularly nice, as it can be built as either a single or twin-seat version, and has Cartograf decals for six different US and NATO schemes. I don't think I will be posting any pics of it on here though, I intend to do the box scheme and the decals, unlike the box art, are true to the original... let's just say it's NSFW, as Diana is 'less dressed'...

Also, can anyone help me ID the squadron that the Spitfire served with? The instructions do not mention it, and there is no serial number on the decals (which only provide markings for the box art)

And my next priority is a new camera... my phone camera is knackered, as dust has got inside the case and keeps mucking the pictures up

I'd have to do a lot of digging, as I believe the 'codes' on the Spit are actually the pilot's initials - privilege of his rank. It's in the scheme either immediate post war, or at least after January 4th 1945.

I'd guessed it was late war, and possibly a CO's machine, I'm sure the little blue/red flash under the cockpit has some significance too...

I've googled the nose art 'Winston Churchill' and come up with two possibles:

1. 349 Squadron. I'm basing this on seeing a wooden model of an a/c with the same codes, but in a totally different (and incorrect) camo scheme, captioned as an a/c from 349.

2. 127 Squadron. I came across a profile of a Spit XVI with 127 in April 1945, carrying the same nose art, but no kill marks, or nose badge, different codes (9N-F) and the serial TB900. Possible the same machine before the CO's codes were applied? The same site mentions TB900 was transferred to 349 Squadron, but doesn't say when

I'm tending toward 349 as Matchbox apparently released a 1/72 scale kit of the same a/c and described the markings as being 349 Squadron. If this is right, and judging by the kill markings, the pilot of D-GE was very busy between April, when the machine was with 127, and VE-Day, as he appears to have scored 6 air kills and a dozen ground kills in a few weeks!

This stuff just arrived from Squadron today The 109 ans the Spit are for the group build and the rest were kits that I've wanted foe some time and were on sale at ridiculously low prices.

Attachments

• P8142481.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 52
  • P8142480.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 50
  • P8142479.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 47
  • P8142483.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 47
  • P8142482.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 49
  • P8142485.JPG