Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yea Wayne will be my Christmas present to myself .I was about to pre-order but damn I have hit the card and bank accounrt alittle to hard of late so just got it in the shopping cart for right now.

This will be my next kit come DEC to get.........@$130 not to bad...........

Alas, I just don't have the room for models that large. My most recent acquisition however is the Eduard PE set for the 48th Revell B-25J...

photoetch.jpg

I'm planning someday to model the aircraft "Briefing Time", one of the few fully-restored flying B-25s. And it's kept at the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum which is only a half-hour drive from my location in Pennsylvania, so I will have an opportunity to visit it frequently for the sake of reference.

I have a few armor buddies on other forums that give that kit very high marks, Wayne. They were concerned at first that it was just a re-box of an older kit but it turns out to be a new tooling altogether. Looking forward to seeing your build of it.

I have a few armor buddies on other forums that give that kit very high marks, Wayne. They were concerned at first that it was just a re-box of an older kit but it turns out to be a new tooling altogether. Looking forward to seeing your build of it.

Oh, it's a new kit alright....and I look forward to building it too!:D

This just came in the mail . I plan to use either the first or third one on a Tamiya P-51D I have on the shelf when I get done with the three I have going in the current Group Build. I've always liked the 2/3rd's camp fuselage of the 55th FG's 51's and remember drawing one in colored pencil when I was in high school.

Attachments

• ScannedImage-3.jpg
    ScannedImage-3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 87
Encore:
YAK-9 DD/T/K
Italeri:
Spitfire MkIX
Messerschmitt Bf-109G6

Revell
Sea Hurricane mk. IIc
Messerschmitt BF109 G10
Fw190A8/R11

All 1:/72

P.s. The FW190 looks similar to my FW190F8 (same sprue layout) only different collor plastic,only a lot less flash :D
what does the color mean? my current is grey/yellowish and the new 1 is more blueish grey

P.s. The FW190 looks similar to my FW190F8 (same sprue layout) only different collor plastic,only a lot less flash :D
what does the color mean? my current is grey/yellowish and the new 1 is more blueish grey

They are most likely the exact same kit with some minor add ons or changes....the different colour is most likely to differentiate between versions or make them look different even though they aren't.
Also..More than likely Revell have a few different colour batches of the same plastic for different types of models in their range and simply use what is in stock at the time of manufacture when they schedule a production run.

Hi

Added these two to the stash. My plans for the P-43 are to convert it the photo recon version and put in RAAF colours. Should be an interesting project.

Second is P-47N. There are a couple of accuracy issues with this one. The prop and engine to sort out, but I intend to get this in 318th FG colours when based in le Shima. Some great subjects and I have the newly released Zotz decals to go with it too. High Cover looks likely.....I just might have to do them all though! :lol:

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• classic P-43.jpg
    classic P-43.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 60
  • academy p-47N.jpg
    academy p-47N.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 61
  • P1020160 start 004 resized.jpg
    P1020160 start 004 resized.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 73rd Lt Lloyd Millet P-47N 3603728495_eb3be2c2ca_z.jpg
    73rd Lt Lloyd Millet P-47N 3603728495_eb3be2c2ca_z.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 58
Very cool Pete! I've always wanted to do a RAAF P-43 but was only ever aware of the Pavla 1/72 kit. What scale is the CA one?

It's 1/48

A peek inside the box reveals injected parts, Resin Engine, spinner, undercarriage bay and some cockpit detail.

Small fret of PE for the instrument panel.

Looks good, although getting it together may be a trick with these CA kits.

Attachments

• P1020203.jpg
    P1020203.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread

Back