Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Impressive Wayne. A big mother she was and if I'm not mistaken 1 torpedo hit + time + poor fire fighting = artificial reef! And after one IJN pilot sacrificed himself by crashing into another incoming torpedo. Amazing...

Well the last of the Trio came in yesterday the Prinz Eugen.It has been stated that the Eugen is Trumpters best effort yet on a ship and it shows.I will take better pics of the parts at a later time but did not want to remove the trees from the bags.The scale of the the 20mm AA's is near perfection something it looks that Dragon did not quite get right on the Scharnhorst they look good but a tad over scaled.i also get a well detailed and moulded S-100 Schnellboat 8).Once I finish the Willow back to Graf Spee.Cheers

rp008.jpg

rp014.jpg

rp016.jpg

Iv,e just got the 1/200 Arizona by trumpeter what a bl^*y masterpiece can,t wait to get started on her.BB

Jan 1/200 use to actually be a scale used some not alot when I was a kid.I remember at 14 yrs old buying with my own money the 1/200 Yamato and the old 1/125 lindbergh Blue Devil destroyer.It was not long ago maybe 10-15 yrs maybe that there was abunch(10?) of 1/200 Japanese destroyers on the market.I almost bought some over at Hobbytown in Mobile but they sold out and never replenished.A 1/200 carrier would be a big girl :) Cheers

Some Christmas presents I received.
The decals are for a Liberator from my Dads bomb group in Italy, the 484th
I also have a B-17 on the shelf in with decals for his bomb group in England, the 490th.
Too bad I missed out on the Heavy Hitters GB.

Attachments

• PC304045.JPG
    PC304045.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 92
  • PC304044.JPG
    PC304044.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 66
  • ScannedImage-2.jpg
    ScannedImage-2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 88
  • ScannedImage-61.jpg
    ScannedImage-61.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 66
Neat stuff Glenn. I notice a shamrock on the sheet - the B24 at Duxford has a similar marking on the nose, so i wonder if there's a connection. can't see the unit codes in the pics I took, so can't check.

Neat stuff Glenn. I notice a shamrock on the sheet - the B24 at Duxford has a similar marking on the nose, so i wonder if there's a connection. can't see the unit codes in the pics I took, so can't check.
Here's the other decal options in the set Terry

Attachments

• ScannedImage-61a.jpg
    ScannedImage-61a.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Back