Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I finally found something I've been looking and waiting years for. Some of you may remember my father served aboard the USS Fanshaw Bay, CVE-70, and was on board during the Battle off Samar (bosamar.com). He saw several US ships get sunk, including the Gambier Bay, CVE-73. I've wanted to model his ship, but for year the only thing available was the Tom's Modelworks resin Gambier Bay, pricey at over 250 bucks. Imagine my joy when I discovered that Hasegawa recently came out with a 1/350 scale injection-molded Gambier Bay model. This ship is pretty much identical to the Fanny Bee, so I ordered a model. I received it a couple of weeks ago. It's truly a nice model, and it cost just over a hundred bucks. I probably won't start on it for quite a while, I've got so much going on, but I have already obtained all the paints for it. I only wish this could have happened before my dad passed away................

I'll post some pics of the model in a day or two......

tom

That carrier is a top looking model, will take some work to do, but will look real good when done.

My latest arrivals....

Attachments

• Bf109F_0055.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Bf109G&K_0062.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 77
Good stuff guys.
Jan, as per our 'conversation', I'll see what I can get together on the Wimpy and e-mail it, if the files aren't too big, or mail it if they are - if that makes sense old fruit?

Users who are viewing this thread

• A4K