Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That 'Emily' is one beautiful ugly beast! Kinda reminds me of the Sunderland actually

I was bad again....

These come from my LHS. I go in and kits come out. I can't help it...

For the car kits I recently purchased

Then I went to a show today, Jersey Con II. It sucked but regardless I walked out with the following kits. The deals weren't what I'm use to at these shows but they were still cheaper then the LHS and EvilBay.

To be built with my 10 year old son

To be built with my 10 year old son. Check out what the red arrow is pointing too... :ha: this is also an e8 which has been somewhat of a topic in the toothy grin gb thread. I didn't realize that at first but now I will have to go see if I can find those cat jaw decals for it. Don't worry John I won't be building this for that GB.

Terry and Jan...

Great scores everyone!

My latest: Siebel Si 204 PE for myself, HMS Halifax for the old man...

Thanks for the info too Jelmer.

Last edited:
I believe that, following recent further defence cuts in the UK, the clowns who 'run' the country, are scouring the world for wooden-hulled 'Men o' War', to bolster the Royal Navy fleet .. er ... the couple of ships or boats we have left !!
Maybe a hundred or so of those models, armed with air rifles, might suffice ?

Andy, yep, should be alot of fun alright, but I've told the old man to be VEEEERY patient! (Actually it will be our present for his 60th next year)

Terry, familiar dilemma in NZ. We started producing our own ships to help bolster the fleet, but the newspaper was too thin and they kept sinking.

Please Please Please be careful! I built a update of this kit, in true hobby craft style (or maybe just my bad luck with all their kits) I had a horrible time with it. It started out fine and the instructions were fairly well put together, which is strange for the brand, I could actually decipher some of the things said in the instructions :O When I had finished putting it together and detailing the cockpit, I noticed while I was glueing the cockpit that the cockpit itself doesn't fit the kit, other issues, more minor but still issues non the less, the engines don't line up well with the wings, make sure to double check the ailignement before making it so. The decals on my set were horendous as usual, but I made a captured US Arado out of it, my only sad thing about it was the amount of detail that I put into the cockpit and the pain in finding a new cockpit replacement part, which was fortunatley found.

Picked these up at our model expo today.....big discounts....resistance is futile....

with the Purchase of the Ki-84, i can now do the other 2 Shimbu Tai machines that I want to do to go with my PTO Ki-84 build...

Attachments

• Kit_Ki-84_7415.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Kit_B5N2 Kate_7419.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Kit_Ki-45_7417.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread