Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi everybody,
I just received this one:
G592AS3-07 1951 MM-53258.jpg

Well, not exactly that, but what's needed to build her in 1:32 scale

After the end of WW2, Fiat Aviation continued to produce for some time the G.55 fighter, to be used by the new Italian aviation and to be exported to several foreign countries (Egypt, Argentina etc)
But when there were no more DB605 engines available, they looked for a new engine and found that the R.R. Merlin T 24-2, upgraded to standard 500, was the perfect solution because required minor changes to the airframe.
So was born the above aircraft , know as Fiat G.59, probably one of the best piston planes ever produced.

Italian modeller and aviation historian Maurizio Di Terlizzi issued very recently this kit:

Box MDT0001.jpg

I ordered it and I ordered as well the PCM kit I will need to use for the conversion:
DSCN2142.JPG

Both arrived, so in some time I will start a new WIP on the Fiat G.59.

If you are interested in the above conversion kit, just pm me and I will put you in contact with Maurizio. (Don't worry, there are no commissions for myself!)

Cheers
Alberto

I forgot to show what'is in the box, look here:
DSCN2140.JPG

and these are available decals, still out of the conversion box:
decals.jpg

And this how she will look before painting (from instruction sheet)
3quartisin.jpg
latodestro.jpg

Alberto

Very cool Alberto.

This came in the mail for use in the current Group Build. Being Academy, I'm now on the look for some usable decals

Attachments

• P5098802.JPG
    P5098802.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 96
Picked this one up today....really nice kit and decals, No. 2 Squadron, No. 56 Squadron and No. 92 Squadron AND it comes armed with Sparrows and Skyflash plus a SUU 23/A gun pod!!
DSCF0006-98.jpg

Also won this on ebay, which with shipping included, is cheaper than the Revell FGR Mk. 2 Phantom! :shock: :lol:
1353189_100407185945_109_g6.jpg

Great stuff old chap. Am I right in thinking that the Revell boxing of the Hasegawa Phantom lacks the white metal wheels, with the plastic F4J type only? Might have to replace my Phantom, as the joints are looking a bit sad after years of sitting in dust - darn !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back