Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Arrived today from the 'old country'! :) 8)

DSCF0002-159.jpg

This came today. Nice kit, and cheep due to lack of decals and instructions. Decals no problem, and Vic came to the rescue with a PDF of the instructions. (thanks again!) One left Century kit left to get.

Attachments

• P5098808.jpg
    P5098808.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 80
I have some leftover decals from that kit Glenn but they are as old as the original kit. Let me know if you're interested and I could post pics.

Nice scores guys!

Wojtek, what's your opinion on the Spitty? I have their PR.XIX. The shape is great, though panel lines are soft widish Italeri style, and details vague...a little disappointing in that respect :(

Nice scores guys!

Wojtek, what's your opinion on the Spitty? I have their PR.XIX. The shape is great, though panel lines are soft widish Italeri style, and details vague...a little disappointing in that respect :(

The model fits to drawings and keeps Spitfire shape correctly. Recessed panel lines seem to be a little bit too widish like you said but aren't too soft and look better than these of Italeri. What is more if you check on the Italeri Spit Mk.IX and Mk.Vb (trop) you will notice that the fuselage areas at the wing roots don't have even engraved the wing-fuselage fairings. Contrary to that these wheels the Airfix kit have even marked the deflection of tyres. The entire model consists of 31 parts what isn't anthing rocked us down. However the Italeri kit doesn't come with more pieces at all. Additionally the Airfix kit is dedicated to one, particular Spitfire Mk.Ia P9495 DW-K of the RAF 610th Sqn. So there is no need to attach any additional parts, methinks. In my scale of 5, the Airfix kit gets 5/5 before assembling.

BTW... back to these panel lines, check this Modelarstwo z pasj
A couple of images from the site. These panel lines don't need to be threated with a wash to be seen nicely.

spitfire_airfix_1.jpg

spitfire_airfix_2.jpg

spitfire_airfix_5.jpg

spitfire_airfix_7.jpg

These were delivered to me today.

Airfix_0020_Supermarine_0020_Spitfire_0020_MkI_0020__0020_MkkIIa_0020_Plane_0020__0020_58-02010.jpg

Basically it is the same A01071A kit ( see the image above ) with decals for early Spitfire Mk.I WZoT of the 19th Squadron RAF - August 1938, Spitfire Mk.IIa NKoK of the 118th Squadron RAF - May 1941. The kit includes three prop types ( tree-blade DeHavilland, Rotol and two-blade Watts with its spinner ), two variants of exchaust pipes, two spinners and two types of an oil radiator. Also there are two types of the cockpit conopy attached. The kit lets assemble ....
Mk.I with the Watts propeller and the earliest cockpit conopy.
Mk.Ia with DeHavilland prop.
Mk.IIa with Rotol prop.
Mk.Va the early variant with fabric covered ailerons.

And the one...

A02046A_1.gif

It is the same well-known old kit we could find as ...

109_rd.jpg

airfix_supermarine_spitfire_mk_2144_n.jpg

As memo serves the re-boxed kit was offered by Heller and Smer as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back