Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:oops:

Just trying to do a mate a favour.

Tezza wanted one. I had one.

And sure as eggs, he will do a better job on it than I could.

Got this one through E-Bay the other day. Not by far the most accurate Hurricane out there, but having build one before and coming at a decent price (compared to the Hasegawa and Italeri/Tamiya kits) it can be made into a nice model indeed. I believe it also contains some additional spare parts (particularly the trop filter) which I hope to be able to use on the Italeri kit.

Attachments

• 51544237951ba4dc4e699bc55d33.jpg
    51544237951ba4dc4e699bc55d33.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 46
good stores fellas!!!!

I've never assembled a one model of hobby craft.

I put my last purchase

1169.jpg

Tau301.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!i0E9eeJ!El)BPluMjqf0Q~~60_3.jpg

and new cutting mat
415919_110212053500_max44403.jpg

Last edited:
Well, some of their kits are sold as Academy kits these days (thinking of Hawk 75/P-36 kits for example) It's hit and miss pretty much with HobbyCraft. They have some decent kits, but others are off by miles in certain areas. This Hurricane isn't without it's flaws either, but it's reasonable accurate overall (for a Mk.IIC) They also market them as MK.IID and MK.IIB, and these subtypes require some fairly easy modifications on the wing panels and such. These series of kits do come with a Mk.I tailwheel only though. I think this 'elite' package contains pretty much all the parts for their MK.IIB/C/D variants plus some extra PE parts as opposed to the other boxings which don't hold all these parts.

Gotta love that MC205 BTW :)

Last edited:
It's like a fever isn't it?
It's all I can do to keep from getting a '56 Chev, a '66 Malibu, and a '65 El Camino...... all cars I owned when in California, amongst others. I've already got a stack of planes for GB's..... and one for Davidson's Hurricane..... gotta stop!!!!!

Good ones guys. Jelmer, I have that kit in the stash. It does indeed have the big trop filter but get yourself some aftermarket decals as the kit ones are a waste of paper. Also, the canopy is a one piece affair so if you want to have it displayed open, you'll need a vac-formed one as the kit part is a bit thick for this.

I just might use the kit canopy on this one Andy....opening the hood would also mean significantly spicing up the interior...since that isn't too happening either (as I recall) Will certainly look into an after market decals sheet, although I don't recall the ones that came with the other HobbyCraft kit I build as being particularly bad. Remember I also have a Hasegawa MK.IIC and Italeri MK.I sitting in the stash....which I think would be better suited for an open hood given a better detailed interior OOB.

Last edited:
Great scores guys!

Dirk, what's that Airfix Walrus like, better than the Matchbox /Revell release ?

I'm not sure, I haven't opened it yet but I believe this is just a re-box of the original. I don't remember seeing this on their site as a new mold. My first thought would be that both the Matchbox and the Revell kits would be better but I haven't seen either of those kits either.

I'm sure no one here has ever had this happened to them. :rolleyes: I was randomly looking at EvilBay one night when I found myself getting into a bidding war for an Airfix B-29 kit and before I knew it was the high bidder but at a price much higher then I was willing to spend. Not to mention higher in price then the newer better quality Academy kits. Luckely I was out bid in the last seconds and lost the item. :D I then went out with a better state of mind and got this Academy kit for far less. :cool:

Academy%202111%20B-29var.jpg

I believe there is a PE set just for this kit. I might have to look for it just in case. I also think I'll be going aftermarket on the decals also but I haven't decided yet:|

Good stuff Dirk. Is the Academy kit 1/72nd? Hadn't realised there was another B-29 kit in this scale.
Just accidentally found a web-site for Sanger products, whilst looking for Halifax info. Although they produce vac-form kits, only the fuselage and wings are made this way, with the remainder being being mixed-media - metal, PE, resin and injection. Not only do they market two versions of the Halifax in 1/48th scale (Merlin and Hercules engined variants), but they have a number of 1/48th kits, including the B-29 and, wait for it - a B-52 !! Prices for the Halifax are just £29 - might have a dabbel at a vac some day methinks ....

I'm not sure, I haven't opened it yet but I believe this is just a re-box of the original. I don't remember seeing this on their site as a new mold. My first thought would be that both the Matchbox and the Revell kits would be better but I haven't seen either of those kits either.

Typical Vintage Airfix. With a little effort something nice can be made out of it...but it won't be a simple shake and bake affair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back