Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff chaps.
Evan, I presume the wheels are for the Lincoln? Are there not dedicated Lincoln wheels available in resin? It wouldn't surprise me if not, but I thought I'd seen some, a few years ago, in a magazine conversion article.

Cheers guys!

Dave, it is a lovely kit. If the eyesight is what's holding you back, maybe you could try and get a Contrail or Sanger kit in 1:48?
Plastic Pics - HyperScale's Picture Posting Forum: 1/48 Sanger Vickers Vildebeest
http://models.ratzhome.com/uamf/cbk-contrail/contrail48_vildebeest_wb-y.jpg

Terry, there is indeed a set of Lincoln wheels in 1:72 (which I do have already for the build :D ) : Resin Art #7314: Avro Lancaster wheels (late/ post war).
Set has treaded and weighted main wheels, plus tail wheel yoke and both double and single anti-shimmy tailwheels.
Couldn't resist the Eduard wheels though... main wheels for a later kiwi Lanc project, the tail wheel for the Lincoln, being just that bit more accurate than the Resin Art ones. (RF389 was an early Lincoln B.II, with Lanc type double anti-shimmy tail wheel)

I understand now Evan, thanks for that. I might have to get some 1/48th scale Lancaster wheels, from Mike Belcher, unless I can successfully fill the block tread on the Tamiya kit items - another inaccurate area on the kit, although, to be fair, I believe the latest re-issue includes the wartime 'smooth' tyres as alternative parts. I guess they have to justify the ridiculous SRP of £105 somehow !!

Cheers guys, and no worries Dave and Terry.

Jim - so my dastardly plan worked then, MuHAHAhahhahaha!!! :)

Seriously though, well worth it mate. Gonna try and get either that same Azur kit or another SH one myself some time (same basic kit, just different engine, decals and boxing) to do a Vincent and a Vildebeest.

Got the last of my orders yesterday too:

Admiral/ AZ model #ADM 7234: Airspeed Oxford Mk.I.

STA54680.JPG

STA54679.JPG

Lovely kit, will be the kiwi bird (Mk.I NZ252/ B9), freeing up the Frog kit from Karl to become an RNZAF Oxford Mk.II or Consul.

Jim - so my dastardly plan worked then, MuHAHAhahhahaha!!! :)

Seriously though, well worth it mate. Gonna try and get either that same Azur kit or another SH one myself some time (same basic kit, just different engine, decals and boxing) to do a Vincent and a Vildebeest.

Oh yeah, have my eye on one now. IIRC AZUR makes a Vincent boxing as part of their FrRom line. In the meantime I picked up this beauty:

20140516_170748.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back