Recent Purchases (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glad you didn't have to pay the high price. Excellent find to!:cool:

I don't mind buying a (Shall we say) "lesser kit" knowing all the work that will have to go into it but when the price rockets past that of a far superior kit and more readily available kit... I guess I got carried away because I hadn't seen on of those old Airfix kits. All I can say is Thank god for that bid sniper who took me out.

well it was my birthday last saturday and Chris bought me 3 kits,
avro vulcan
short stirling
supermarine stranaer

she is the best

Got this one through E-Bay the other day. Not by far the most accurate Hurricane out there, but having build one before and coming at a decent price (compared to the Hasegawa and Italeri/Tamiya kits) it can be made into a nice model indeed. I believe it also contains some additional spare parts (particularly the trop filter) which I hope to be able to use on the Italeri kit.

an Amazing kit I have one in the stash and for the cash its well worth it :) she fits great too, I'm itching to get to work on mine :D

Typical Vintage Airfix. With a little effort something nice can be made out of it...but it won't be a simple shake and bake affair.

Cheers Dirk and Jelmer!

Asking as an aussie publication I have claims the Airfix kit is the better, while other sources claim the Matchbox (which I have sans canopy), and also as the Airfix was originally sold as the Seagull V (according to that aussie book), now the Walrus... (basically the same aircraft)

Btw, Dirk, not sure if you know, but the Revell kit is simply a reboxing of the Matchbox Walrus.
Nice score on the B-29 too. I'm pretty sure Eduard did a PE set for that.

Bob - happy belated birthday mate, and great presents! (it was my birthday on the 14th btw! :) )

Last edited:
I don't mind buying a (Shall we say) "lesser kit" knowing all the work that will have to go into it but when the price rockets past that of a far superior kit and more readily available kit... I guess I got carried away because I hadn't seen on of those old Airfix kits. All I can say is Thank god for that bid sniper who took me out.

About 7 years ago I came across an Airfix bomber double special in the now ceased Woolworths. It contained the B29 and B24 and I only paid about £12/$18 for it in a clearance sale.
Built the B29 about 6 weeks ago and it's now hanging from my sons ceiling with bomb bay doors open. Remember seeing oneabout 30 odd years and was impressed.
Nice kit but required work and plenty of filler. First bash with Alcad also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back