Recent Purchases (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice ones Jelmer. Note that the Spit 22 wasn't bare metal though, but painted in 'Aluminium'

So I heard. Well, that suits my collection of Alclad well since I don't have all the different shades yet ;) I'll use the Spitty 22 to figure out the right preperation (polishing and then some more polishing, and the gloss black primer and such) and then advance it a little bit on the P-51 where different shades of bare metal can be used.

Last edited:
You're right Andy - I don't often use aftermarket stuff, when I can make the items needed, but for the radios and magazines, at the relatively low price, it was worth getting them for the detail alone. I could make them, but it would be a lot of work, and possibly cost as much anyway, in materials. I will be making radios and magazines for the Heinkel though, as these won't be seen so clearly, buried in the fuselage.

Got my Airfix B-29 today! :D

DSCF0008-96.jpg

DSCF0009-90.jpg

Ah - now we'll get some peace, at last!
Just shows how big the Stirling was, doesn't it? I knew it was big, but hadn't really realised just how big !

My Monogram B-58 arrived today, and it is BIG! Here's a picture of the two main sprues with my F-102 and a Bf-109 for size comparison, all in 1/48

Attachments

• PC109173.JPG
    PC109173.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 62
Should be a cracker when done Glenn. I remember seeing one many years ago, probably when the kit was first released, and being very impressed at the time. From what I remember, the model had been finished with foil, and many panels and hatches opened - and long before the days of metal etch and resin accessories.

I love the B 58 Huster very good Glenn, nice very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back