Remembrance Day

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well said Erich! I have heard you mention Carlos before, Les. Heroes like that are rare and I am sure it is an honor to have served with him.

I am getting an opportunity to meet fact to face with Bernie, my wifes great uncle that I have mentioned on this forum before. He was awarded a Silver Star in Italy for what I feel was a much higher level award bravery. I will be chatting with him more this sunday and will get some pictures to share.

Veterans day is the official day to honor our veterans, but EVERY day we should honor them.

Eric :

interview him till he is sick of interviews :) seriously though, a magical window that you have at your fingertips, a man that needs to share his sotyr with someone, and secondary, us ! go for it man. I am finding the German vets-Luftwafe are getting sick and tired of responding, the time is getting short, and then they will be ALL gone.

honour all sacrifices, not for a regime but what they tried to do for their families and friends. there is still so much we need to learn of the conflict on a more personal level.....

Absolutely. The good news is that Bernie loves to gab with me. I think I get more out of than he does, but then, maybe not. It is neat to hear him get going.More than one time, I have called for a couple of quick questions that ends 2 hours later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back