Remembrance Day (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yea eric, Im the same way... I always recognize any troops or sailors I run into....

Thanks once again to all who have, or who are, part of the military establishment... America and the World would not be what they are without the loss and sacrifice and dedication of their countries men and women....

Ten-Hut....

I ended up talking to many of my former compatriots yesterday/lastnight/this morning, from around the globe.... Veterans day means alot to me, and I hold those veterans that I consider friends and family in the VERY highest regard....

I know what it takes to give ur all for ur country, and those men that I have served with and bled with will ALWAYS have my respect and friendship...

To be honest I think that a lot of the young guys that I serve with take this day for granted. They see it as another day to get silly drunk. I think though that as they get older they too will look at it differently. I know the ones that served with me in Iraq and saw the death and sacrifice deffinatly look at it differently.

I apoligize gents for starting a new thread ; vets day, as I had not seen this one started besides the pc acting up on me and not allowing me to view all of the forums content..........

yo I agree with what is said never forget the past, present or the future generations involvement and sacrifice to keep us all free from the heavy thumb of tyranny

Its just a damn shame that some of the ignorant poeple at school dont appreciate this...
Thats nothing compared to ours! A kid in my languade class Wednesday, "Mr.Davis, what does a soldier do besides fighting?"

He asked in a way i wanted to get up and slap him around! It pissed me off.

Vets Day was a day for me to remember my Great-uncles who fought in WWII including the one who didnt make it back. Another great-uncle who was with Armored Divison in Korea. My cousins who were in Vietnam and those who countinue to fight and serve.

Great-Uncle Archie D. Robinson- Soldier of the 28th infantry, Bloddy bucket Brigade, who fought at the Hurtgen Offensive and Battle of the Bulge but didnt make it back home, I salute you!

I will tell a story about an individual veteran that I consider to be the best of my friends... Seeing how this info has been de-classed, I think his story is worth repeating...

While temporarily attached to ST4, I met a teammate named Carlos... He was to become a close friend...

As we were motoring into the surf outside Patilla, I commented to him that there were an awful amount of lights on the airstrip... This was to prove that bad nights only get worse....

We were attached to Gulf Platoon, tasked with taking out Noriegas Learjet... Once we were within 100 meters of the hanger, we became engaged, heavily... First squad, with Carlos, took several casualties in the opening combat, being completely exposed on the airfield...

After being hit in the thigh, Carlos attempted to withdraw dragging TM2 Rodriguez, who was dead... Carlos was then hit again, this time in the lower back, on the right side.... He would be paralyzed from then on...

While bleeding copious amounts of blood, and unable to move his legs, Carlos attempted to save the life of CPO McFaul, which he was unable to do, while continuing to lay down covering fire in support of 2nd squad and his embattled posistion... Incase any are wondering, I carried the AT-4 rocket that finally destroyed the Lear...

Carlos was/is my hero.... The bravery and integrity that he showed, changed my life forever... I sit here now with tears in my eyes as I type this...

Its quite difficult to talk about losing friends, and I thank God that someone declared this weekend as "Veterans Day"..

Jesus. What a guy. :salute:
I know for you direct combat types it's all supposed to be thought of as another day at the office, but to remain that focused on your teammates while you're in that condition speaks volumes about the man. It really does.

Thats a true hero Les. Anyone willing to put themselves in the line of fire to help others is why we should remember those heroes.

glad this thread is getting comments..........

nearly all air force veterans have responded back. I see that one has been returned back to me(e-Mail) and frankly the ugly though of his passing has concerned me for some time.

most have said thank you for remembering them and that it was their buddies that should be remembered. Some really do not know wha to say as wrods cannot be expressed for some of the old guys who have been there, done that day after day. they have become cold, chilled almost machine like. If only there were more to consol, give a hug, cry with them, hear THEIR stories. Decompressed it was not even thought of during and right after WW 2 or Korea. We had it after viet nam but it was too early, not organized, and besides we were just simply ALL scred up when we got home trying to fit back into society, looking for love, work and a reason for our existance. Some of us were successful some of us were not, some can talk of their experiences, some us cannot and will not. some of us were proud to serve, some of us felt like we had too, some of us felt we were in the middle..............funny nothing has changed even now.

Life goes on and veterans fade in the background like a fading light lost and rememberted no-more. Guys do not let this happen. Call a vet up, go see them and tell them thank you, salute them like Plan. We live in a world of little friendships, go find an elderly friend, and go tell him, her how much you appreciate their sacrifice whether they beleive it or not. Tell the guys here that served overseas in Iraq thanks for keeping the bad guys on their home turf or at least trying to do so so you can live in peace and enjoy your freedoms

~ e ~ full of THANKS !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back