Reno Retirement (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
After some deep soul searching induced by a change at work (along with this 57 year old body showing some signs of wear and tear), I've decided that I will be "retiring" from the National Air Races as a crew chief. It was a hard decision but after the successes of last years' races, I've decided to go out a winner. Since 2007, my participation at Reno has been filled with some of my greatest aviation triumphs, unfortunately followed by great personal tragedy so I'd like to remember the "good" and put the "bad" behind me. I've met some wonderful people at the Races and will cherish the friendships and camaraderie, my by heart isn't in it any more, especially after the loss of Mike Mangold. I wish all of my friends, team mates and competitors, who I consider "family" all the best! I am truly blessesd to have experienced the "Fastest Sport on Earth" front and center with some of the greatest pilots and peolple who walk this earth!!!

Congrats Joe and condolences Joe, I know this was not an easy choice for you but glad you came out on top my friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back