Revell 1/48 Spitfire MkII Newbie

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vossy

Airman
Sep 29, 2008
Well I reckon I can do my part and show a little build log of this easy cheap Spitfire.

Ill let the pics do the talking but I am still fairly new to modeling so Im learning along the way!

spit001.jpg

spit003.jpg

spit004.jpg

spit005.jpg

spit008.jpg

spit.jpg

This is all I have done so far as I started it this morning...... I should be done by tomorow evening........

It is being built OOB as I am one for fine details but my building and painting skills are still in the learning process..

More to come soon!

I mainly done WW1 stuff growing up.. (only 24yrs old).

But what really sucks is I dont have a airbrush so I am having to brush it all :(

But I think it's gona come out ok tho in the end... nothing really much to this kit!

If i get time Ill try to get some of my WW1 pics up.....nothing exciting tho!

Here is my collection to date of what I have......I have built several other planes in my time but with moving from home and in and out of New Orleans during and after katrina this is what I have left that is built but not really all finished.....I built that 1/144 Spitefire when I was b/w the ages of 6-8... pretty much first model..and the Bristol F2B that tried to take-off from the shelf on it's own!

random001.jpg

random004.jpg

random006.jpg

random007.jpg

Most of my models consist of being scales varying from 1/48-1/72 with a few 1/28 and 1/32 here and there stored away.......

I am pretty much getting right back into modeling.......Hard to acheive great results with jsut a brush but it is quite satisfying when finished!!

One day I will be able to afford a simple airbrush and then I wont really have no worries cept messy cleanup :p

I have several balsa kits around that I started and of course never finished...Still young!

Also those BONES you see is from a Sterling Peanut Scale Fokker D8 I started but yet to finish. Thanks Katrina LOL

Thanks..........As I said I have much to learn especially diving into WW2 stuff!!!!!!!

I used to hang around theaerodrome.com model section quite a bit but have fell off of there as of recently.......But Since I started playing IL-2 : 1946 online the WW2 bug been kicking me hard!

Nice collection of WW1 aircraft Vossy. If you think it migh help, PM your e-mail address, and I'll send you the brush-painting guide i did for Rochie. BTW, is that a Druine Turbulent in your avatar?
Terry.

Thanks again!

In my Avatar was from a local fly-in bout 7-8 months ago......I honestly cant remember what plane it is and if you are familiar with R/C aircraft it reminds me of a Spacewalker......or Chipmunk....

Here is my email addy... [email protected]

Thanks again.... Time to get back on that Spit!

Wing and Elevator Puttied up and On!!!

Im hoping to be ready for paint by the end of my night and be fully done by tomorow afternoon......... Weekend Edition much :D

spit009.jpg

I'd Like to think I've done a great job in my WW1 stuff but when I look at some of the amazing work done by a few peeps over at theaerodrome.com with photoetch parts and a airbrush and then I turn and look a tmy models.... I jsut want to cry LOL.

Thats one thing I been curious on how to work with.....Photoetch.........When done right it is amazing!

Well is what I got done before I went to bed...

Managed to paint the underside. Used Model Masters Enamel French Light Blue Gray..... Only color I was happy with.......I have loads of bottles of that crappy testors Lt gull gray and dark ghost gray or whatever one it is and it sucks.....Goes on way to thin and watery even have mixing with a stick...Had to brush on bout 3 coats of the French Light Blue Gray to be satisfied with a few mess-ups....... and my putty job on hte underside wasnt top notch but It will work for me :)

spit010.jpg

Why didn't I think of that email username?? :lol:

Nice collection of WW1 birds there, and nice progress on the spit too. I just bought one on fleabay, a Tamiya Vb trop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back