Revell Beaufighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

109ROAMING

2nd Lieutenant
May 25, 2008
New Zealand
While being in the market for Beaufighters I noticed on hobbylink Japan have announced Revell are releasing a Beaufighter in 1/72 ,said to be a rerelease of the matchbox kit

Now the BS part - They're asking 2400 yen which is $25US ,$30 AD ,15 UK pound and $38 NZD :shock:

WTF Thats hasegawa prices for matchbox quality -not that I'm saying matchbox made bad Beaufighters (I got 2 for about $10 each NZD) For that price though you'd think they'd drop it abit

Did Matchbox sell for them for this much??

I brought a 1/32 Revell Beaufighter for $55 brand new and they want $38 for a far smaller 1/72???

Anyone else heard anything about this? I think there must be something I'm not getting

Too true Wayne

Just sorta baffles me how they expect that price for the quality of kit they're selling when their competitors ,ie hasegawa's Beau is quite superior and for almost the exact same price! sometimes cheaper

I think they must plan to have awesome artwork or some super tasty decals to go with it

rant over! :oops:

Hi Daniel. Hannant's in the UK have this kit listed as a 'Future Release', no price shown though. It's in the Revell Germany on-line catalogue as a Beaufighter TFX, for release in July, again no price shown. When it was last issued by Matchbox, it was probably around the £6 to £7 mark, and current Revell kits of this sort of size, in the UK, are about £10 to £12. The Lancaster for example, being a much larger kit, with many more parts, retails at £16.95 or thereabouts.
If I find out more, I'll let you know.

Thanks very much Terry ,agreed its expensive dam greedy bastards -crazy you can pick up a lanc for only a few pound more

Wonder if revell will ever get round to rereleasing the Whistling sh*t house -Stranraer

Not sure, but I think i saw the Stranraer too - again i'll check and let you know. They seem to be re-releasing more and more of the Matchbox kits lately - noticed the Halifax, which is excellent value for money, once you get around the deep panel lines, a minor problem.

Would be amazed to see a revell release of the Stranraer ,would there really be the demand nowadays?

Halifax must be cheaper over there Terry (lucky bugger!) over here they're averaging $55 ish ,cheapest one I've seen in a few months was $53 the other day

Matchbox ones seem to be cheaper , I picked one up on sunday for $26 NZD -as new too :D

Can't find that Stranraer anywhere Daniel. I'm begining to think maybe I saw it on E-Bay, but I don't think I did, almost sure it was on a model web-site somewhere. I'll keep looking. BTW, the Revell (Matchbox) Halifax is around £15 here.

Many thanks mate -Halifax I got works out at around 10 pound ( can't get the pound symbol on my keyboard :oops:)

I'd be surprised if Revell have released it again -happy but surprised

Users who are viewing this thread

Back