Revell Junkers 88 A1 1:32scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

and proton..i love crashdioramas as well :) and i think the last one turned out quite nice :)

One of the nice reality's of "crash builds" is that it gives you the added joy of extensive weathering...under normal conditions an aeroplane is regularly cleaned of mud,dirt and dust, but a wrecked or crashed bird can be covered in muddy footprints and dust (or rust if left outside long enough). Their are a lot of nice weathering techniques that the "tank builders" get to use regularly (and I'm sometimes jealous about) that are a bit overkill on anything short of the worst Russian airstrip in the spring... :(

Thanks for sharing the photos

been irritated over the decals on the divebreaks for a while ( they are only decals on one side-the front..and it should be painted on both sides.. front and rear ) so i decided to airbrush the divebreaks ..

here is first testresault..i see that the black need some minor adjustments

Attachments

• divebreaks 001.jpg
    divebreaks 001.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 129
  • divebreaks 002.jpg
    divebreaks 002.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 146
Heck, it takes some catching up after being away for a week! Great work Mr.G! And you'll be pleased to know I'll be getting the kit too. I'll be doing the JU88 which was shot down by Josef Stehlik, from the same town as Roman (Seesul), where I've just been to. It belly-landed on the banks of the River Mersey, opposite Liverpool, in October 1940, after attacking the Rootes Motors factory. I'll be building a diorama of the crash site, which will eventually go to the museum in Slavicin, Czech Republic, where Josef lived and died - that's if I can get it there in one piece of course!

Once I've finished the rest of the stuff I've got going, I'll be starting. I've got photos of the crash, and the story of the raid and shoot down, plus a track on the map. And where it landed was only about 8k from where I once lived. So, since I know the area, and I've been to the town where Josef lived, it's just got to be done!

Another "GB"? You better get another '88 out from the stash Gutt! 8)

Will be feeling quite strange, odd, uneasy etc., to cut this wood and use it as flooring in the '88, I can tell you that! :oops:

DSCF0002-54.jpg

i guess you are right 13..hehe time to pull out another 88 from the stash

and i will tell you..its actually incredible satesfieing when you have the model there with the real floor.. it does make it something else.. and i am sure you will enjoy it and also feel a bit strange about it..like i did the first time..all my three 88`s that i have build ( including the C crash ) has original wood :)

and its more interesting for the museum as we have the wreck from the mountain to show how it was bellylanded during the war..could ofcourse make it "flyable" and show it before it crashed..but when making a crashdio one has more freedom ( like you mentioned earlier Proton )

Guttorm, I think Roman means that the boys at Slavicin Museum will be really pleased and surprised!
I mentioned the model to Roman some months ago, and had intended, originally, to build a 1/48th scale belly landed JU88. But when the Revell kit was released, I decided to use that instead, but there was no way I could get it finished in time for my visit, as I want it to be as accurate as possible, down to the actual position on the ground and so on. So, when it's done, it will have to be sent to Slavicin by courier, or I will take it next year if I drive there by car. Then there'll be another Revell kit to build for the BoB Group Build, which I will need to find room at home for.....I think I need to build a hangar in my back yard!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back