Revell Junkers 88 A1 1:32scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks :) the 88 flackgun is getting some crew.. now i need to do the rest of those guys that are doing all the things around the aircraft..and that si quite a few :shock:
the one guy from wermacht is kinda out of place but he just dropped by the airfield to say hi to a friend in the luftwaffe as you can see they are sitting and having a talk..hehe

Attachments

• model 008.jpg
    model 008.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 139
  • model 007.jpg
    model 007.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 129
The pully system on your model is indeed a nice touch. Took me a minute to figure out how it work. Its a pretty ingenious idea. Only question would be what kind of weight would the tail wheel support. Were they limited to the bomb size they could use the pully system for, without fear of tearing the tail wheel off?

thanks for the comments :oops:

i know that they could lift any kind of bombs without any fear of tearing the tailwheel of. the block inbetween takes away all weight ( same system used to raise sail on old sailboats. but if one is not using a block one could only lift max 500Kg bombs with the tailhook. but with blocks its no limit as i understand from the manuals. and its kinda ingeniuos as one dont need large liftingequipment. just manpower

and how many hrs on this ?? i have really no idea..been working on it for 4 months or something now..hehe
and still not done.. the guy in the car is "in progress" together with a lot more parts and details..

Attachments

• 88 modell 001.jpg
    88 modell 001.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 88 modell 002.jpg
    88 modell 002.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 113
  • 88 modell 004.jpg
    88 modell 004.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 125
Great work Gutt! There's more to see every time I look!
You're right about increasing the lifting (or pulling) weight by using a block. For every turn of the cable around a pulley, the lifting/pulling capacity is doubled. So, if you have a straight pull of, say, 500kg, add a single pulley wheel and that then becomes 1,000kg, add two pulleys (at each end) and it becomes 2,000kg and so on. It can get to the point, using enough blocks/pulleys, where a child could lift a ton using one hand.

thanks :) and also thanks for the numbers. i knew how it worked but never sure what the figures was.. thanks for sorting that part out airframes :) and its quite a nice system wich means that with some ropes and tackles it dont need much to load a Ju 88 for one mission :) and i will add a lot more to my diorama..next up is wheelchocks, bombtrolley and more people..after that i wills ee what i can come up with..hehe

thank you so much for the fine words :) it almost makes me blush
will take some better pics when its all complete :) still a little more to do..adding more guys..just added another today lifting ammo to the 88mm gun from the bunkers storageroom underneath :) i am now pretty happy with the 88mm flakcrew so the next will be the schwartse men ( black men ) doing all the work on the Ju 88 ( fueling, arming and pulling the last bomb to the etc racks )and also the flightcrew just arrived in a kubelwagen for briefing :)

after that i am pretty much out of ideas on what more to make..but i could make a fieldkitchen in the forrest there..hmm
maybe that was a idea..hehe
that is why i love doing dioramas..it just keeps evolving.. hope to see more dioramas in here soon :)

any ideas are welcome if you think i am missing something here :)

those wheelchocks from Tinyland in etched brass is a challenge.. :shock: maybe i will make it..maybe not.. hehe

Attachments

• 88mm flakcrew 001.jpg
    88mm flakcrew 001.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 88mm flakcrew 002.jpg
    88mm flakcrew 002.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 88mm flakcrew 003.jpg
    88mm flakcrew 003.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 155

Users who are viewing this thread

Back