Revell Mig-3 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heres where I've got up to, been busy with work and such ><
This kit is really not great at all. Tis riddled with inaccuracies. The hole below the cooler (I think thats what it is ) on the photo is where it came up to originally and was square and sharp edged. The intakes stick out too far and again were very squared. This is proving quite a job and very frustrating as I dont have a lot of experience in fixing things like this and probably not the right tools. Though hopefully it'll be worth the finish. Theres some I can't fix like the fuselage being too thin towards the back and such. Will keep rolling on though and keep sanding and see where it gets me \o/

dscf0180_261.jpg

Those were basically the same complaints I had. I spent more time trying to make it right before I even got to the model. I remember the Engine exhausts you were talking about. I'm glad mine came with the resin ones. As difficult they were to work with they looked a heck of a lot better then those supplied with the kit.

Did you round off the intake on the belly or did it come like that? It looks real good so far. I have a feeling this model will come out looking great.

Here you are views of the radiator covering

Attachments

• MiG-3 radiator covering side view.jpg
    MiG-3 radiator covering side view.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 113
  • MiG-3 radiator covering.jpg
    MiG-3 radiator covering.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 110
You did what you could.Building a such kind of kits is always very difficult.What's more both kits I mean your and this one here aren't the best ones.That's way if you want make a nice model that can look good you have to get involved much more. Making a such kits out of box isn't easy and doesn't guarantee the fine final effect very often..

Heylo, been busy with work for a bit so not much time to work on this. And I've started an MS 406 aswell, as this is becoming a model to try my hand at new things, which is also good! Best way to learn. I reshaped the air intake with Milliput and tried my hand at the cowling ( I think thats what it is :p ) too. Theyre by no means perfect yet, but like I said, a nice cheap kit to learn on. :)
As usual, any constructive criticism welcome!
dscf0211_200.jpg

dscf0212_122.jpg

Looking quite good. But the upper surface of the engine cowling seems to be a little bit too flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back