Richard Connally (Renrich) in memoriam (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A very sad time, indeed. I cannot say that I knew him but we did exchange "opinions" a few times and my respect for him continued to grow. My deepest and most sincere condolences to his family
Then goodnight, peaceful night;
Till the light of the dawn shineth bright.
God is near, do not fear,
Friend, goodnight.

Very sad news.

Though I never met him, we had some great discussions.

One of my favorites!

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Rest in peace "Ren".

Steve

:( My deepest, most heartfelt, sincerest condolences to the family! You'll be sorely missed my friend! :(

Rest In Peace...

icon_salute_proper.gif

Last edited:
One more thing, and I might as well say it here.

I haven't been around as much as I was in the past, but one thing about this forum has never escaped me.

There is something very good and very special going on here, especially when you see such emotional outpouring and support occurring for members that most of us have never met.

This is not an anonymous forum, it is a family........ :salute:

and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Steve

These are indeed sad times. My thoughts go out to the families of the deceiced. I hope they too aknowledge the good wishes from the forum members and even may find comfort in the fact that once in a while their loved ones find new attention when an old thread gets revived. In this forum Renrich and Pbfoot are in some way immortal.

I can not say I knew him well, the same with Pb. That being said, I learned a lot from Renrich, and I enjoyed the stories he had. From his extensive knowledge of WWII facts, to the personal stories of his uncle aboard the SLC. I feel a little guilty, for I had sent him a PM regarding book choices for Java Sea a few weeks ago. Had I not been so ignorant, I wouldn't have been so selfish.
My condolences to his family. RIP Mr. Connally, may your journey be trouble free, and your stay in the afterlife pleasant.
:salute: Godspeed

He was my first forum friend and I miss his sage PM advice. My book shelves are full of the volumes he recommended to me. I cannot look at it without remembering what he so readily shared and continues to share. So it goes on. Not just the Corsair but also the Wildcat. He enriched my life (as many of you have) and I miss the man.

Renrich was a generous bestower of "Likes", a great source of insight on the Civil War, a stalwart Texan proud of his heritage, and a constructive member of this forum. He too is already missed.

MM
Grateful Canadian

So sad to see another of our fine members take that fateful dive into eternity so soon after the passing of Neil :(

RIP Renrich, your memory will never fade away from this community which, rightly pointed, is an amazingly united family that goes beyond nationalities, heritages and cultures.

I did not converse much if any with him but have read many of his post since I have been a member hear and have learned a lot from him. Richard, you will be missed sir. My condolences to his family. :salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back