Richard Connally (Renrich) in memoriam

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
Today news came that Thomas Richard Connally, better known here as Renrich died after battling cancer for almost a year.
Richard was known to be a keen student of history, being interested in many historical subjects. His knowledge about many subjects will be recognised by many. He also was a man with strong opinions. But he was always willing to argue about it.
Richard joined the forum in 2007 and was imediately a spirited contributer to the infamous "political forum". He also contributed a lot to many discussions about historical events, where he displayed his knowledge, especially about American history. I think most members will remember his love of the Corsair.
Richard became ill last year and he knew prospects were not good. He really loved being on the forum, especially after his health started failing him. After a while the frequency of his visits here became less as he had to use his remaining strength for the things that were really important. Richard died last Friday, Januari 18th peacefully in a hospice facility.

Richard and I developed a friendship at the political forum, being a good example that opposite political views does not stand in the way of respect and friendship. Last April he informed me about his illness. Our contact intensified for a while, but became less and less the last few months. He even apologized for that in his last email which was around Christmas.

Have peace my friend.

Last edited:
My condolences to the family. This is so sad news especially coming so soon after pbfoot.

:salute:

Attachments

• renrich.jpg
    renrich.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Damn, words absolutely escape me. Typing this with tear filled eyes so I dare ANYONE TO TELL ME THIS WEBSITE ISN'T A FAMILY. In the industry I'm in, safety is our #1 priority and we have daily meetings about it. I'd like to challenge everyone to have yearly physicals and do not try to be Superman if something is bothering you. Get it checked out.

I freaking hate that "C" word. God bless each of you. I pray for peace and comfort for Renrich's family. Rest in peace, Richard.

Ren was a great friend and confidant. When I first joined this place, Ren more or less took me under his wing and showed me more or less how to survive in this place. We grew to be great on line friends. He was patient, thoughtful intelligent, funny and honest. Thats not everything, but its enough to convey my high opinion of him.

I will really miss him, I can report.

God bless you Ren, and watch over your family.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Very, very sad. My condolences to family.

Rest in peace Richard...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back