FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
28,075
8,777
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Location
Colorado, USA
With a heavy heart I've just learned that Mike Mangold was killed flying his L39 today at Apple Valley CA. I had an up and down relationship with him but he was a friend and mentor. Blue Skies Mike! Say hello to Bob and Doug for me! :cry:
 
Sorry to hear that Joe. My condolences.
 
My condolences. Sad news indeed.
 
Too young to go. I know his thoughts were on his passenger. Do we know who he/she was?
 
Thanks all! There is a local service for him being held this Saturday at Apple Valley, Ca., his home town. On January 3 there is a public memorial being held at his hangar at Apple Valley Airport. I may try to get out there to attend.

I've heard nothing about the other person who was with him.
 
A sad loss.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back