RIP pbfoot

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am also saddened to hear about this. Neil and I spoke many times, on the phone, comparing our cancer operations. You will be missed, my friend.
Rest In Peace....

Charles

Rest in peace Neil my friend, we enjoyed our afternoon with you and tonight we will toast your passing with a smiles on our face remembering that afternoon.

20110929-19.22 Niagara Falls.JPG

Note to member: Neil hinted to us about his illness when we met in late September 2011 but was not saying over much. He took Hilary and I all around Niagara, including the huge locks, the wine fields, the old fort and out to the lovely town of Niagara by the Lake, not to mention the falls by night. We had a great time with him and ended the day supping a couple of the best ale's in Niagara, hoping not to be spooked by the ghosts in the old building.

You are in our thoughts.

Very sad to hear this; just after I first joined the forum Neil and I had a disagreement as all of us have with each other from time to time, but we were able to see past it and I came to see that he had a wicked and very enjoyable sense of humour. His one-liners were priceless!

RIP Pbfoot.

I remember Neil from way back on this forum. He had good knowledge and a keen wit that was sometimes very subtle, like a comedy grenade. There were times you didn't get it until reading a few posts later. I was deeply saddened to hear of his passing. Blue skies and tail winds, Neil. Straighten up and fly right, old boy.

I had several contacts with pbfoot about a Japanese DVD he participated in Canada.
TV staff did not keep promise about sending disc to him afterward.
I found it out to send him. It was in March, 2010.
And he kindly sent me a gift from his precious aviation collection.

Rest in Peace, Neil
and Thanks for the information, Chris.

Last edited:
This is indeed very sad news.
As a reader more than a poster on the formus for quite some time ago, I too came to realize and appreciate the great amount of knowledge and experience our friend had.

RIP Mr. Neil

Its been a week and I haven't heard from his family, which is kind of what I expected. This happened in October and probably just opened up a wound when I called. Better to just let it lie for now.

I did find some more pics - one is Neil working at Russell Aviation and one he took around Niagara - he said there were always rainbows there.

2009_06200050_1_1.JPG
_2080148 1.jpg

I came into the news section to express my regrets at the loss of another forum member and found this horrible news as well. Doubly diminished is how I feel with a deep sense of loss at someone I barely knew and yet established a connection. Rest in Peace lead foot, you've got a better view than the rest of us now who remain on Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back