Rogozarski Ik-3 USK aviation 1/72 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

papa_bear

Airman
Jun 10, 2009
Belgrade
Hello guys, again something small-scale from my workshop :)
How many of you heard anything about rare bird called IK-3?
It is a master project of Royal Yugoslavian air industry. Monoplane, low wing fighter. Modern for it's time.

Ik-3 looks like French M.S.406, but it was better aircraft than Morane...
I would not talking about history anymore, who wants to know more, just visit this site, it is on English...
linky: IK-3_intro

Model...
Huh. Very old and odd model of IK3. It is not accurate, plastic is crap, just too old :) But it is only styrene kit on market, for now.
After entire evening spent on cleaning parts from flesh, it looks like airplane in pieces :D

DSCN6348.jpg

DSCN6350.jpg

and a pile of dust :p

DSCN6349.jpg

Scriber has some work on wings... Not much

DSCN6352.jpg

Lower sections of the wings is assembled with fuselage halves.

DSCN6355.jpg

DSCN6356.jpg

Next on list was putting reinforce styrene into wings.
Before that, I used my dremel as cylindrical milling machine... Plastic is too fragile to cut it with hobby knife...
Oh, yeah, styrene dust was all over me and carpet :D 8)

DSCN6357.jpg

DSCN6358.jpg

Cockpit:

Not too much time spent on it... Canopy is grid stile, and it will probably be closed.

DSCN6360.jpg

Fuselage halves are glued together, reinforce is on its place.

DSCN6361.jpg

DSCN6362.jpg

DSCN6363.jpg

DSCN6364.jpg

DSCN6365.jpg

DSCN6366.jpg

Now the funny part... Sanding paper, putty, sanding paper, putty, sanding paper :D
After fixing the biggest problems, upper wing surface was fitted...

DSCN6376.jpg

DSCN6378.jpg

DSCN6381.jpg

DSCN6382.jpg

Finally big radiator was fitted, horizontal tail planes and some more details...

DSCN6392.jpg

DSCN6393.jpg

DSCN6394.jpg

DSCN6395.jpg

DSCN6396.jpg

DSCN6397.jpg

DSCN6399.jpg

My work stops here for now. I will try to find some time for modelling when holidays came.
That is it all for now, not too much work left, minor gaps, few panel lines, vacu canopy and gentlemen, WE ARE READY FOR PAINTING :D
About that in next posts...
Keep modelling,
Dada
P.S. All comments and critics are welcomed!

Great stuff Dada.Too bad there isn't some new kit of this plane in 1/72 on the market. I would like so much to build one myself. There is limited series of Ik-3 resin kits in 1/48 here in Serbia though, but poorly done (or so I heard). Looking forward to see your progress on this model.

Thanks for the link. Its a nice web presentation of Ik-3. It's been there on the net for a while now. However, Rogožarski Ik-3 was discussed on this forum too. There's a thread dedicated to this aircraft in Aviation section of the forum. Here's the link: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/ikarus-ik-3-a-10127.html

It's ALIVE, it's alive I tell you :) he he.
Hello guys, work on this little fella' is great pleasure for me. I know that model is very bad, but it is fun. TamiGawa models are little boring, they fit like a puzzle :p
Now pics of progress.
Upper camo is on. :) Yeeey
Few mistakes must be cleaned. Some rough paint edges, and fitting shapes of camouflage fields.
DSCN6437.jpg

DSCN6439.jpg

DSCN6440.jpg

DSCN6442.jpg

Now it is time for lower surfaces.
Need to scratch new position lights, new landing gear and fit balances on ailerons. Than it is time for painting.
Seat and dashboard are pulled out because color is in wrong color :p
DSCN6441.jpg

It must be painted in Rogozarski gray-green, same color as lower surfaces or on Serbian (donjake= lower surfaces, gornjake-uper surfaces) :)
I can see light on the end of tunnel. :)
Cya,
Dada

Users who are viewing this thread

Back