Russian Spies...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The cold war is over. Just send them home packing and dont make a big deal out of it.

If they got bagged by the FBI, they're going to jail. And that's who got them.

Not about the Cold War anymore, it's about getting inside the mechinations of the machine which is the US Govt and affecting it. Probably similar to the reasons for spying during the cold war.

Wonder why it popped though. Usually, the other side finds out we know about them and tries to close down the network. That's what probably happened here. Otherwise, the US would probably try to set up a double cross system.

The timing of this seems to coincide with Russia trying to enter the WTO (World Trade Organization). It could be just some political propagand to help force Russia to change some of its business laws or something completely different. More than likely it doesn't mean much in the larger scope of things other than political embarassement. :)

I don't know why this is so surprising. Just because the Cold War is over, does not mean they are not spying on us and we are not spying on them. Everyone spies on everyone.

Surprising, probably not. Just there has not been any good spy stories lately and the timing of this seemed interesting. The last spy story I heard was about an Israeli spy some time ago. Then there was that Chinese guy in California I think. This all reminds me of that Mad cartoon, "Spy vs. Spy."

This all reminds me of that Mad cartoon, "Spy vs. Spy."

They always had the coolest toys and traps!

As for the spy ring, I think I'm gonna have to go with Adler on this one. Everybody spies on everybody else. Its politically embarrassing to get caught doing it, the agency that does the catching gets international "street cred", and the caught person is usually declared person non-grata, but since the Cold War ended, I don't think there's any threats of gulags or disappearing into an unmarked grave in the middle of Montana somewhere. However...to catch 11 at once? Dude...that's seriously bad for Russia!

'Course, if I were an agent for America living in Russia right now, I'd duck down into some deep dark hole and pretend I didn't exist. You know the Russians are gonna be pissed, and looking for spies to drag out into the limelight!

Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

I didn't quite know where to post this exactly, but I jut fell on this while on Yahoo.com.

Yahoo!

It looks like "Anna Chapman" (somehow, that name rings me a bell ???) was in fact a Russian spy.

KGB can now bear the name of FSB, it is still the same monster with a different name.

KGB can now bear the name of FSB, it is still the same monster with a different name.

Same could be said for CIA, but without the name change. Don't tell me there isn't any western agents in Russia, China or elsewhere. As long there's conflicting interests spy game will never cease.

Of course you know what will be interesting now. I'm getting ready for a trip to Russia in three weeks to visit relatives. This will be my 8th trip and everytime I go it's an adventure. I think the second time I went there were two suits waiting for me asking if I had a place to stay and if I needed a ride. Alarms in my head were going... KGB! I told them I already had a place to stay and a ride but thanks just the same. Tell you guys what... When I return in August I'll tell you what the average Russian is thinking. :)

Of course you know what will be interesting now. I'm getting ready for a trip to Russia in three weeks to visit relatives. This will be my 8th trip and everytime I go it's an adventure. I think the second time I went there were two suits waiting for me asking if I had a place to stay and if I needed a ride. Alarms in my head were going... KGB! I told them I already had a place to stay and a ride but thanks just the same. Tell you guys what... When I return in August I'll tell you what the average Russian is thinking. :)

Cool enjoy yourself. I hear Russian Vodka is better tasting than Western. More of a sippin' vodka.

If you get picked up by the Feds and a spy, remember the Sgt Shultz defense, "I know nooothing, I see nooothing".

Same could be said for CIA, but without the name change. Don't tell me there isn't any western agents in Russia, China or elsewhere. As long there's conflicting interests spy game will never cease.

I never said the opposite. What I was trying to say was that even though Russia tried to look "friendlier" by oppening its borders and "disbanding" the KGB, in fact the big Russian bear is still alive.

But of course spy games will always go on. Even though there seems to be an agreement to not spy on friendly countries, I'm pretty sure the CIA has agents in the UK, the M.I.6 has agents in the US and I could even bet that the CIA is spying on the NSA and vice-versa... Even though they are both working for the US.

But I think we're going "Tom Clancy" here... :rolleyes:

Wait... I think there is two guys in black suits knocking at my door... ;)

Last edited:
I've seen a few youtube vids and whatnot about Anna Chapman and it strikes me that we weren't playing against the First Team here.

Seems like the gang that couldn't shoot straight.

Wait... I think there is two guys in black suits knocking at my door... ;)[/QUOTE]

Nooooo.... It's the JW's....

My brother and a couple of his friends chased a few off at one time by dressing up in black robes each carrying a burning candle. When they came to the door and knocked, they opened up the door dressed in these robes and said, "Oh look, the sacrifice is here!" Those two took off running. :lol:

I see that they have decided to send the spies kids back to Russia.....

Intrigue and Spies makes for a good novel title...

I don't know why this is so surprising. Just because the Cold War is over, does not mean they are not spying on us and we are not spying on them. Everyone spies on everyone.

Agreed. I still don't trust Russia anymore than JFK would have in his time. And they have all reason to hold a grudge on us too, Because people who were high in the Communist Gov't had it made. We ruined all that. But at least the people are kinda happy :)

It's hard to believe. Obama pretty much told the world that it's ok to spy on the U.S. The worst we will do to you, if you get caught, is send you home. should of dropped them off in Prison for awhile before setting them loose again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back