It's really sad thing what happened

.I have to wonder though at times as more and more young people commit crimes like this "what has happened?"Is it the fact any mention of God in school at home is being tossed out?I sent my child to a Catholic School as long as I could afford to till he hit the 7th grade.I did this for a couple reason one it's a harder school to learn in,the expectations are higher,second I wanted him to have some extra faith and social bachground of good and evil lets say.He had to attend mass twice a week once with the school and the other with us.This gives one the foundation I hope for life thus should one stray from the path of God they always have a home base to return too and we all stray at times.With Church attendance getting smaller and smaller in the US over the last 30yrs or so and the constant bombardment by communication devices one loses what life really is Family,Love and Hard work,that simple,at least in my eyes.I pray for these Parents thier young children are in God's hands now.