September 11 remembered

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

But the fact remains most Americans were of the belief that Iraq was a participant in the 9/11 attacks and a CBS poll from 11/13/03 states that 66% of Americans thought the attck on Iraq was the war on terrorism . The fact religion plays a huge part in US politics to the extent that 26% of evangelical Americans believe god favours the US 30.2% of the Republicans believe god favours the US. In my opinion as an outsider I feel somewhat excluded if God likes you more then me he must not be a very nice God if he plays favourites

than you have to be upset at England to because a lot of people there is catholic.

We never claimed that God loves only us. Which isn't what this guy is saying. He's saying he just plane doesn't believe in God. It's his choice and I respect that even if I don't, but that doesn't give him the rice to insult the people who died in the towers or their families. I'd like to see his reaction if his country's attack and his friends and family are killed.

what the heck are you guys talking about ?

I've said already earier that Iraq, Iran, Syria and others were all interelated to thin us out by supporting terrorist cells throughout the world and also the issuing of the slimes that piloted the jets that started the 9/11 incident. Remember the background and where these punk nutz lived and are born. Not just in one and the same country. the govt. in their crafty ways would have the meida thus "you all" believe that bin Laden was soley responsible............sorry to break the dream bubble. the old decrepid fart is just one small gear in a huge cluster that is going to get stuck soon enough

Chief said:
than you have to be upset at England to because a lot of people there is catholic.

with the exclusion of Northern Ireland I'm gonna suggest most Brits are Protestant if fact there were attempts to rid the UK of the dreaded Papists but the Brits here are probably far more knowedgeable about this then me

I think that they, like us, are slowly but surely being overrun by Islam these days. Very dangerous.

Not a politically correct thing to say in the least, but I think very, very true.

We were advised on return to our station via telephone after a very early call out for an MVA (Motor Vehicle Accident). The crew sat watching CNN in stunned silence, shedding tears and pain for the victims and our Brother responders we new were there.

I have friends from a couple of different forums and personal, who never returned that day, and others still serving or retired with FDNY.

Every year on the day at the local time the first tower fell, I face the sun and say.

"Kia Kaha, Kia Kaha Brothers."

Kia Kaha is a Maori Warrior greeting. It means "Be Strong". In the full context it means...

Be Strong, of mind, body and Spirit.

It is a challenge and a greeting all in one.

To the Men from Engine 40 Ladder 35 "The Cavemen".

CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35
LT. John Ginley Engine 40
FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35
FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40
FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40
FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35
FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Kia Kaha, Kia Kaha. Your work is done Brothers, the people went home today, rest easy.

syscom3 said:
No you didnt say anything wrong....... other than you watched CNN. Fox news is a far better news source.
I sorry but i still contend that Fox NEWS is the equivalent of the jerry springer show

I'm sorry, but I must disagree. NOTHING is as bad as Jerry Springer I'm sorry.

Honestly, I'd watch the Wiggles before I watch the Jerry Springer Show.

Chief said:
I'm sorry, but I must disagree. NOTHING is as bad as Jerry Springer I'm sorry.

Honestly, I'd watch the Wiggles before I watch the Jerry Springer Show.
for totally stupid news watch FOX its about as balanced as Al Jazeera or for the older people Tass

No one news station is going to be completely balanced it's impossible in this day of age.

However, I can agree that the Fox News Pendulem is swinging right more or less. I prefer it because they try their best not to sugar up the story with needless or false statements. All though I haven't watched CNN much, mainly because I don't have it, What I have seen I have not been impressed. CNN tries to be more politically correct. Which in the process makes most of their stories alnost impossible to understand. Their are those in Fox that do this, but not so much.

Lets focus less on who-likes-what-station, and more on the people who died. I believe it was said somewhere, that every nation must have a defining moment, and that September 11th 2001 was unfortunately, ours. While many people lost loved ones, or their own lives, we saw feats of heroism, selflessness, and love thought to have gone the way of the dinasour in this day and age. Whether it was the firefighters rushing into the towers to save the people even after the first tower collapsed, or the brave people who rebelled, and saved the White House from being hit by a similar attack. Lets not forget, the large outpouring of support for all the people lost, and those who had lost. I didn't know anyone in the area, but I prayed at the time "God, please protect the families of those brave men and women. They truly answered your call, not caring for themselves, so much as to care for the surrounding people. Please, God, let not these heroes sacrafices ever be forgotten." I couldn't effect the going's on, so I spent that day in prayer, for the dead, the dieing, and the great heroes that appeared amongst us on that day.

We Shall Never Forget Them

funny I also have mentioned another 11 September and that was in 1944 over the Erzgebirge, one of the nastiest aerial battles. Many died that day from both sides and sadly have quickly been forgotten

:(

Attachments

• we_remember.jpg
    we_remember.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 139
Well I was at work at the hanger over here in Germany doing a Phase on a Blackhawk helicopter. Someone came running in screaming that the World Trade Center had been bombed! (News was not fast hitting the hanger) Anyhow we all at first kind of shrugged thinking some ignorant bastared with a package bomb or car bomb and there was minimal damage and no one hurt. A few minutes later our Commander came and got us and told us what had happened. We turned the TV on and saw the second plane hit.

We were all put on lock down and forced to stay at the hanger until we knew what was happening. We were later put on full alert and told to go home to our barracks rooms or to our families and pack our gear, we were going to war (which our unit would not actually do until we were sent to Iraq).

I remember us being on Lock Down and not allowed to leave post but I was out of cigarettes and the shoppette was closed so me and a buddy of mine snuck off post in our uniforms and ran down the street till we got to a Irish Pub and we went inside to buy cigarettes. We were friends with the owner and his mother came over and hugged us. All we had was a 50 Bill and the cigarette machines only take coins, so we asked the owner for change to buy cigarettes and he gave us our money back and bought us a carton of cigarettes worth of packs. We ran back to post and no one noticed.

We were all shocked and very very pissed off. We wanted to go to war and kill those responsible! At the same time I was scared too.

The next morning there were about 1000 Germans from the local town (which is very small and that was pretty much all the residents, the school closed down to meet at our post) met at our front gate and laid flowers and had a candle light vigil. It was very somber. Even the school let out and the students were there participating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back