Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Wayne and Hugh!

Reworked the back of the guys leg, got the 'movement' back (Ivett rightly pointed out he looked wooden legged).
Few more areas to touch up a little, then we're done.

As always, comments/ideas/ criticisms welcomed, 2 (or more) pairs of eyes are always better than one!

Love the Tango - get prints made of that Evan, and it'll sell thousands. It could well be the equivalent of that well-known Spitfire print, by a chap named Barry ?? (can't remember his Surname), which was probably the most sold aviation print ever. It could be your doorway to fame and fortune!

Cheers Terry!
It's not my original design unfortunately, so I can't claim full rights to it and sell it as such. It is based on an 11 x 11 cm photo on a box of paper tissues!
I simply recomposed it, cutting 30 % of the street out of the picture to focus on the dancers better, and painted it, 700 % larger than the original photo ('Tango I' at 400 %)

I am looking to get prints done this week for Dave and Bill, so if anyone else would like a copy too, let me know!

Cheers again everyone for the kind words!
Evan

Last edited:
Evan, I like the cat. I find that commissions for pets are always really appreciated by the owners.

Here's a couple of "in-progress" shots of the Hellcat piece which is being rendered with oil pastels. Again, it was scanned on a small scanner so I always have to tile and piece the images together in photoshop and it can be a pain in the behind. One shot has the Hellcat from my acrylic sketch placed. As I did in the Spitfire piece, I placed it to help give me some perspective while progressing with the piece as a whole.

Attachments

• sixshooter_pastel_210713.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 152
  • sixshooter_pastel_210713_placed.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 126
  • sixshooter_pastel_210713_placed_cc.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Nice one Norb, should be sweet when done!

Handed over the truck and cat sketches in the weekend when we moved our stuff to storage, owners loved them!

Norb and co, please tell me how the hell you guys scan your work so the details come out!!! Have had the tango painting professionally photographed and taken it to a number of laser copy shops for printing, but so far NO-ONE is able to bring the details out, or get the contrast right... even with photoshop! Is it so difficult, even with professional equipment???

Evan, I used a "Snapscan e50" flatbed scanner. If you google it you can find a description and photo. Ebay will have some on there for sale I'm sure. The scan area of that scanner can only scan an image area of approximately 8.5 x 11, but the resolution is 300dpi and 100% dimension size of whatever you're scanning, so you're getting a high res scan which will show the details clearly. The only drawback is that you have to scan your artwork in pieces by moving it across the scan area after each scan in rider to get the entire artwork scanned if the artwork is larger than 8.5 x 11. In my case the final pastel is 25" x 19" so I need to scan it in 8 pieces and then piece it together in photoshop, being careful to match up the pieces, much like putting together a puzzle. The costs are very high to find a pro to do it on a drum scanner, or a very large flatbed scanner. I included a "piece" of my pastel just to give you a look at one section. I hope that helps you a bit.

Attachments

• hellcat_piece.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 188
Brilliant Norb, thank you! May well go that road, as they say: 'if you want it done right, do it yourself'...

Very impressive pencil work by the way - simple long single lines. A good friend draws like that too. I build up forms in multiple short sketchy strokes, if you know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread