some F35 info

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is it me or has much of the negative reporting on the F-35 evaporated? Seems like it's been a while since I heard about or read a "Chicken Little/Sky is Falling" article about the jet.

Are my perceptions correct or am I sailing along in blissful ignorance of continued vitriolic undermining of what seems, to me at least, to be a pretty successful introduction into service?

Harder to complain when it does what it says on the tin. It works, is reliable, it meets its performance criteria and everyone recognises its potential. I take particular reference to the Indian Air Force expressing an interest. That's a country that has no political limitations in what it can buy and is recognised as being a very professional airforce

Is it me or has much of the negative reporting on the F-35 evaporated? Seems like it's been a while since I heard about or read a "Chicken Little/Sky is Falling" article about the jet.

Are my perceptions correct or am I sailing along in blissful ignorance of continued vitriolic undermining of what seems, to me at least, to be a pretty successful introduction into service?

Ok...sad of me to be quoting my own post but it seemed appropriate.

Just saw this Bloomberg article on the escalating costs of sustaining the USAF's F-35 fleet. Is this the new axis of attack for the F-35 haters? Conversely, if these numbers are remotely accurate, then clearly there are sustainment issues to resolve...and quickly.

Ok...sad of me to be quoting my own post but it seemed appropriate.

Just saw this Bloomberg article on the escalating costs of sustaining the USAF's F-35 fleet. Is this the new axis of attack for the F-35 haters? Conversely, if these numbers are remotely accurate, then clearly there are sustainment issues to resolve...and quickly.
Interesting article. It almost seems that those controlling the purse stings gave little consideration for fleet sustainment, but it does not surprise me.

Actually given the current administration most critics have surrendered to the corruption that will ensure it goes forward no matter what and we will simply see what really happens when they aren't in the tests that are rigged (See "Sgt York") to ensure their success and when people aren't willing to pay for the infrastructure and parts to support them.

In the long term, the best we can really hope for is as short a service life as the Gutless Cutlass and a quick transition to a drone replacement to prevent the loss of too many crew.

Actually given the current administration most critics have surrendered to the corruption that will ensure it goes forward no matter what and we will simply see what really happens when they aren't in the tests that are rigged (See "Sgt York") to ensure their success and when people aren't willing to pay for the infrastructure and parts to support them.

In the long term, the best we can really hope for is as short a service life as the Gutless Cutlass and a quick transition to a drone replacement to prevent the loss of too many crew.
Once again your assertions are baseless and without merit, just short of babbling conspiracy theory BS. Please post viable and credible data with no political overtones or I can assure you your life span on here will be short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back