some F35 info

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maybe they know what I've always suspected - that the whole 'interim F-18' thing was always face-saving show instead of a serious course of action.

Trudeau made a big deal about the F-35 in his campaigning, so even if he and his people eventually realized it was the best plane for the job by a long shot, he painted himself into a corner.

That said, I don't think he's ever straight-up said 'F-35 bad!' it was more pointing the finger at the lack of a proper evaluation/competition of competing fighter types. So for rational people it would seem fine to simply still go ahead with the F-35 after having the good, hard look at everything else.

But I suppose in politics rationality takes a back seat to whatever team you're on.

IMG_0015-768x398.jpg

The first Japanese-assembled F-35A was unveiled out of the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

First Japanese-assembled F-35 | Combat Aircraft

EDIT: video

Last edited:
Haven't seen the F-35 perform in-person but, based on this video, the nose authority on the beast looks pretty impressive to my eyes. Take-off straight into quarter roll and then looping off the top isn't too shabby either.

Very interesting debate (of sorts) between a prominent F-35 critic and a former F-35B and F-22 pilot.

http://aviationweek.com/defense/podcast-f-35-crossfire-part-1
http://aviationweek.com/combat-aircraft/podcast-f-35-crossfire-part-2

Each part is about 30 min. Interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Funny how the former F-35 pilot said a lot of the things I've been saying about the whole environment of operational testing and the attitudes of both op test and operational pilots. Sprey just wasn't accepting any discussion and just continued trotting out the same misinformation, even when the pilot directly contradicted him.

Sprey had his moment in the sun, I'm sorry but the old fart needs to go away and watch Top Gun while reminiscing about VR dogfights. The man is clueless with regards to the technology backing up the F-35 airframe.

Fake or real?

This has been around for a while

As stated, Sprey is a has-been, locked in a cathode tube/ Top Gun/ Polyester era and has no concept of the systems that are on modern combat aircraft. Berke made him look like an idiot. As 3 F-35 production lines pump out aircraft and the first aircraft are being operationally deployed its time for Sprey to stay in the geriatricians ward!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back