some F35 info (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

.... this is bloody politics. The only way to substantially lower costs is to build lots more of them .... and it's become a 'confidence' item ... for nay-sayers and media would-be sleuths.

There is no doubt in my mind that this platform is a game-changer but .... it's time to get the platform blooded ... Israel anyone? They have confidence :)

I think "Mad Dog" slapped Trump around a few times and told him to sit in the corner and color, let those who REALLY know this aircraft's capability make the decisions.

Boeing will continue to try to pump the F/A-18 as an F-35 alternative, in reality anyone who buys this BS is delusional. Although a great aircraft the F/A-18 is a generation behind the F-35 in many areas and as one of my British friends used to say "you could only pump so much soup into Superman"! Newer Superhornets will complement the USN and USMC F-35 fleet beautifully, but in the end the future of manned fighter aircraft in the US armed forces lies with the F-22 and F-35 IMO, however I still see an argument for an A-10 type aircraft.

"At Red Flag 17-1 the F-35A also included additional roles previously reserved for air superiority aircraft like the F-15C Eagle and heavy strike capability from large bombers while even performing "light AWACS" duties.

"I flew a mission where our four-ship formation of F-35A's destroyed five surface-to-air threats in a 15-minute period without being targeted once," Major James Schmidt, an F-35A pilot for the 388th Fighter Wing from Hill AFB told the Air Force Times.

"After almost every mission, we shake our heads and smile, saying 'We can't believe we just did that' Schmidt told reporters.

Major Schmidt went on to highlight the multirole capability of the F-35A in a non-permissive environment when he recalled, "After taking out the ground threats the multirole F-35A is able to pitch back into the fight with air-to-air missiles, taking out aircraft that don't even know we're there."

Andy has already posted on this, but the first two F-35s are due to go on public display today at the Avalom Air show.

5000 local jobs are now touted as likely to arise in the support and update programs.....by 2023....we will have to wait and see about that.

Prices per copy were dropped after Trump entered the White House, to just over $80 million per copy with strong possibilities they will drop even further. I am loathe, and very doubtful that Trump was responsible for that discount. The man is not trusted here in oz.

I think we need to start thinking about a new Australia/Japan/Indonesian Axis focussing on the Sth China sea where over 40% of the worlds seaborne trade is focussed.

Last edited:
I saw one of the F-35's fly over a couple of days ago on its way to Amberley! Cool! Looking at the new aircraft the RAAF is debuting at Avalon one can't help but being impressed with the new capabilities the Air Force is acquiring. The RAAF truly is building into a crack force not to be taken lightly. The current fleet and those just entering service include - F/A18A's & B's. F-18F's, F-18G Growlers. F-35A's. C-17's, C-27's, AP-3C, P-8 Poseidon, E-7 Wedgetail AEW&C, C-130J's, KC-30A, Hawk127 and now the PC-21.
Not bad for a small Air Force!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back