some F35 info (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"....A solution to the inability to make up their mind?"

Exactly that ....

So Buffnut what the BBC has reported is "... the start of discussions with the US Gov't and Boeing on the potential to buy those aircraft as an interim gap filler because" it, the Liberal gov't, can't make up its mind.

The BBC report is splitting hairs. The story is that in the recent Federal election the Liberals committed to canceling the F-35 for a cheaper solution. There not being a "cheaper solution" the Liberals are faced with a 180 degree turn on the F-35 -- it's proven its worth already with NATO allies. They can't pull this policy switcheroo off until after they win another mandate .... so they will spend billions now to avoid breaking an election promise that no one asked them to make in the first place.

That's politics at its crudest IMO, and the men and women who defend Canada have to live and die with this Sh*t 'leadership'

Last edited:
"....A solution to the inability to make up their mind?"

Exactly that ....

So Buffnut what the BBC has reported is "... the start of discussions with the US Gov't and Boeing on the potential to buy those aircraft as an interim gap filler because" it, the Liberal gov't, can't make up its mind.

The BBC report is splitting hairs. The story is that in the recent Federal election the Liberals committed to canceling the F-35 for a cheaper solution. There not being a "cheaper solution" the Liberals are faced with a 180 degree turn on the F-35 -- it's proven its worth already with NATO allies. They can't pull this policy switcheroo off until after they win another mandate .... so they will spend billions now to avoid breaking an election promise that no one asked them to make in the first place.

That's politics at its crudest IMO, and the men and women who defend Canada have to live and die with this Sh*t 'leadership'

They were elected with this promise, and you're complaining that they are keeping it? Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, they are doing what they said they'd do. Usually the complaint is that politicians don't do what they promise, I guess they can't win.

"...they are doing what they said they'd do"
They promised a competition - a fly-off - and a transparent process to determine the appropriate choice before purchase .... buying on impulse to avoid political embarrassment is hardly the promise that they promised to keep. But if it makes you happy ..... whatever.

They will buy the Superhornet, and now that they've tipped their hand to say it will be sole sourced, without yet talking dollars, you can imagine how good a deal we're going to get on those.

My point is why the F!ck it takes 5 years, starting NEXT year, in addition to all the foot-dragging that has already occurred, to identify which of TWO aircraft we will the START to buy! It's ridiculous!!!!

They will buy the Superhornet, and now that they've tipped their hand to say it will be sole sourced, without yet talking dollars, you can imagine how good a deal we're going to get on those.

My point is why the F!ck it takes 5 years, starting NEXT year, in addition to all the foot-dragging that has already occurred, to identify which of TWO aircraft we will the START to buy! It's ridiculous!!!!
I have to agree but it happens every time, no matter what you are buying. In the first Gulf War by the time the UK troops had desert boots the war was nearly over.
However given their head things can happen. During the Falklands the first Sea King AEW prototype was flown from a standing start in an almost stupid time if memory serves me right three or four months.

They were elected with this promise, and you're complaining that they are keeping it? Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, they are doing what they said they'd do. Usually the complaint is that politicians don't do what they promise, I guess they can't win.

A government gets elected after making hundreds of promises. That doesn't mean that an entire country agrees with each of those promises just because they got elected. Not even those who voted for them could possible agree with every promise.

1297901627025_COMICS.jpg

The bigger picture of whats being missed by a Canadian procurement is how much offset work will Canada receive by procuring F-35s. It's obvious the Superhornet will be cheaper (upwards to 30 mil a copy) but how much of that production "pie" will be offered to Canada and how many years will it produce Canadian jobs? Canada is and maybe now "was" a partner on an aircraft that could see over 3000 units produced world wide - is the Trudeau government willing to give that up on the premise of saving money on the short term???

Last edited:
I don't disagree .... the RAAF has a strategy and have acquired the wild weasel version of the SuperHornet F-18 which I think will be a very useful asset for the F-18s in the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back