Some Sad News for the Forum .. Charles Cheeseman has passed away.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been a while since I've posted here on the forum. Saw Chris' post on Facebook about Charles and had to pay my respects. Like Chris said, I was lucky enough to meet Charles ten years ago at WWII Weekend in Reading, PA. Rest in Peace Charles. You will live on in the memories and hearts of many of us here and elsewhere.

A very sad, unexpected and shocking news. Although we have never met in person we have known each other for years thanks to this forum. A very kind man.
Deepest sympathy to the family and rest in peace my friend, you will be missed here!
Is Charles' bio available anywhere?

Okay, I found Charles's biography as he wrote it in 2008.

It's a very good read. This was one amazing, great guy.

Last edited:
It's only rarely I get to look in here these days, and very sad that this is the first thing I see today...

My sincerest condolences to Edna Mae and all the family.

Though I never met him personally, I always had the utmost respect for Charles. He always spoke his truth here with calmness and clarity, something I wish I could do...

Rest in peace Charles, God bless you.

It will always be a great sorrow to lose a groupmate.
Since my entry into this forum, I appreciated Charles for expressing his face in the photograph, as a kind, experienced and cordial person. I had some comments from him in my publications here, and now, without having met him in person, I confirm my sentiment to him.
My thoughts and prayers with his wife and family.
Dios te tiene a su lado y desde ahí estarás disfrutando a plenitud. Gracias amigo por permitirme saber de ti.

Vic sent me an sms about Charles passing. Before my absence we communicated outside the forum. I expressed how I liked his balsa and paper entries as I started building them as a youngster. He generously sent me one to have a go at in my senior years. He asked me to build him a German float plane, I started and got to the wires, it proved too much with the buckles turning loose everywhere. It sits in my cabinet with strings hanging off it like cobwebs. He was a good man to communicate with. We are not that far apart in age, but his sessions with dialysis were far worse than my cancer. RIP my friend.

Cancer......oh lordy . I have a chest xray on Wednesday for the same. If I admitted I am scared would that make me a sook. Chances are low, but I lost a relative last year to that terrible condition.

Nope. I hade a CT scan, and colonoscopy a few months back to rule out Colon Cancer. Not going to lie, was scared too. The "c" word is evil.

Last edited:
Saddened to hear of CC's passing, my sincere regards to his family and friends ~ Until now I never knew much about him other than he was a regular when I first joined this website and he had a deep knowledge of all things Aviation - he was close then with 'Lancaster', they were quite a duo - They did not approve of me and we didn't see eye to eye on most things. I left this site for some time, in frustration -
Perhaps if I had only got to know him better...

God Bless you Charles & Family

Users who are viewing this thread