Spitfire sold to Germany! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

v2

Captain
Nov 9, 2005
Cracow
A Spitfire will be leaving the UK for Germany.

February 9: German warbird operator Max Alpha Aviation GmbH, based at Bremgarten airfield near Eschbach, says it has bought Spitfire Mk VIIIc MV154/G-BKMI from owner Robs Lamplough.

MV154 is currently painted in the colours of MT928/ZX-M from 145 Squadron and flown by Squadron Leader G R S McKay in the ground attack role over Italy in 1944. Built in 1944, MV154 served with the Royal Australian Air Force before a number of private owners in Australia, coming to the UK in 1979 and flying again after a lengthy restoration in 1994.

source: FlyPast

Very cool, maybe I will get to see her fly.

Nothing wrong with a Spit being owned and operated out of Germany.

...Nothing wrong with a Spit being owned and operated out of Germany.

I can only agree.

As a very proud Australian, it is sad to see that this ex-RAAF aircraft is not in Australian skies but, at the same time, I see nothing at all wrong with the Germans owning a Spitfire.

Why is it any different to a Brit, or any other Alied person, owning a German plane?

This will allow others to enjoy the site of such a lovely aircraft (although, I am yet to see one here in Australia...)

cheers,

bj

I think it is a very good thing that a German should want to have a Spitfire in Germany. A piece of history. I understand that some veterans of the RAF and LW have been friends with one another for years. The hatchet was buried long ago.

Nothing wrong with it at all. After all, we are blessed with a good number of airworthy Spits here in the UK, and if it helps others to see one flying, great.
Of course, we must apologise for taking seventy years to fulfil Galland's order, and even then, due to the current stock situation, we can't send a full squadron, as requested, just the one aircraft.....

Nothing wrong with it at all. After all, we are blessed with a good number of airworthy Spits here in the UK, and if it helps others to see one flying, great.
Of course, we must apologise for taking seventy years to fulfil Galland's order, and even then, due to the current stock situation, we can't send a full squadron, as requested, just the one aircraft.....

:D :D :D :thumbleft:
Too bad the man didn't live to see the day, then. ;)

No problem for me. She is going to be well looked after and hopefully gets flown at lots of airshows on the continent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back