Actually its Kirk Hammett.
I happen to be the ultimate Metallica fan. I have seen them 9 times. The first time being in 1988 on the Damage Inc. Tour and the last time just a few weeks ago at Rock im Park 2006 (pics posted in the Plan_D and Adlers Drunken Adventures thread).
As for St. Anger. I happen to think that it was there worst album to date but it was still not a bad album. The only problem was the damn snare drum. They need to drop that which I tell you they have done since I have heard a song that has not been released yet until next year on the next album. They have playing it over here in Europe on there tour right now. St.Anger is not a bad album though. If it had been a different new band, the album would have rocked but it did not because it was Metallica and not what they normally do.
I dont expect the greatest band of all times (which is what they are too me) to do the same kind of music every album. Metallica keeps you on there toes. They are the greatest Heavy Metal band to grace us with great music.
2nd The new bass player Rob, is an excellent bass player. He ****ing brought new life to the scene and is filling Jasons shoes very well. He is alive on stage and plays excellent. He actually plays closer to Cliff Burton then Jason Newstead did because his playing style is closer to Cliff (who in my opinion is the greatest bass player of all times).
3rd When I saw them again 2 weeks ago the show was ****ing amazing! As I stated they played all of the Master of Puppets album in a row and it was totally out of control. Jame's voice was amazing and he sounded like he did 15 years ago. Lars (who you think cant hold a beat, which you are totally wrong/ and you call yourself a fan hussars?

) showed why he is an amazing drummer on that damn double bass! Kirk was great as he usually is, being the best (straight heavy metal) guitarist of all times, and Rob was fricking amazing. That was the 2nd show I have seen with Rob on Bass and I like him. Maybe because I actually know what a Metallica show is supposed to sound like?
Just for those that did not know this is the set list from the last show that I saw them in a couple of weeks ago in Nurnberg, Germany.
01. Creeping Death
02. Fuel
03. Wherever I May Roam
04. The God That Failed
05. Unforgiven
06. Battery
07. Master of Puppets (James also announces that this is the 20th anniversary of Master Of Puppets and that the whole album will be played)
08. The Thing That Should Not Be
09. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
10. Disposable Heroes
11. Leper Messiah
12. Orion
13. Damage Inc.
14. Sad But True
15. Nothing Else Matters
16. One
17. Enter Sandman
18. So What!
19. Seek and Destroy
4th. In my opinion though as a true die hard Metallica fan these are the best Metallica albums in this order.
1. Master Of Puppets
2. ...And Justice For All
3. Ride The Lighting
4. Kill Em All
5. Metallica (Black Album)
6. ReLoad
7. Garage Inc.
8. St. Anger
9. Load
5th. As for the new album, Metallica has been playing a new song that has no title yet but will be on the new album and it sounds great. It is extremely fast, now snare drum, lots of double bass, a killer guitar solo, 9 min 32 seconds long, great intro, killer ending and like there older ****!
METALLICA ROCKS ON FOR EVER!