Stuff

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Being ill at home has been good for production...

Attachments

• P47D22_82FS_Dev.jpg
    P47D22_82FS_Dev.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 168
  • P47D25_30Sqn_Dev.jpg
    P47D25_30Sqn_Dev.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 172
I have been meaning to to do this for a long time:

Attachments

• Whirlwind_137Sqn_1_Dev.jpg
    Whirlwind_137Sqn_1_Dev.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 332
  • Whirlwind_263Sqn_1_Dev.jpg
    Whirlwind_263Sqn_1_Dev.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 332
They are really good. I like your style. Have you ever done any Japanese
stuff ? I'm getting ready to build a "Rufe" and would like to see some pic's.

Charles

Just finished this today, and started a new project too:

Attachments

• IAR80B_1Grupul_Dev.jpg
    IAR80B_1Grupul_Dev.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 564
I use Adobe Illustrator. It's much, much, better than Photoshop for vector drawing, but lacks the easy texturing abilities.

So on one hand, I can draw and trace round things quite well, but things like camo with spots, have to be drawn individually and a gaussian blur applied to each one, which can be a pain...

I work in layers and each major component group has four or five layers as well, so for example I would have from top to bottom:

Fuselage - Rivets: Probably the most boring part, but all those little circles add to the whole deal.
Fuselage - Panel lines and outline: Thin lines normally drawn over a background plan. I do draw every single line, as I find the Trace Tool pretty useless...
Fuselage - Mesh: This is a gradient mesh which gives the thing shape, while allowing the colors and markings to show through.
Fuselage - Markings: I have a lot of Illustrator files of markings and flags, and I just adapt/modify as needed
Fuselage - Colour: The base colour will fill the outline, and then more camo colours are added on top. Blurred edges can be tricky, so I usually add a fat line where needed and just apply the blur to that.

Other parts such as the wing and tailplane will have a shadow layer as well.

My 'normal' amount of layers is between 70 and 90...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back