Suddenly Getting Ads in Threads

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Just started today, seems that the first post on the top of any thread page has an advertisement box. Here's a screeny.

Attachments

• Screeny.jpg
    Screeny.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 276
hmmmmmm. I've only noticed that when I don't log in and check out the site as a Guest.

Nope, I even get them now. DEfinately something is up.

Last edited:
I just noticed that myself Andy (in fact on the same exact post made by Terry that you show) The adds seem to appear in the first post of every page in any given thread. If it's something the management here has started to help ends meet I don't have a problem with it, I was just concerned that it might be some kind of unwanted thing that might be hiding some kind of virus or something.

Its seems there is a glitch or something between registered members and guests. This is what you get when you don't log in. Notice it states that Registered users don't get ads ....but now we do!

Attachments

• ad002.jpg
    ad002.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 254
Yep, even in the top of this page.
This is one from another thread, got the same one in another thread as well.

Attachments

• popup copy.jpg
    popup copy.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Please check settings of your net browsers. It is possible that recent updating of them changed setting of pop up windows with advertisement. I don't have the problem and can't see any of these.

sorry about that guys....and thanks eric. I am getting ready to update the site and move over to a new server. So I have been getting some tweaks in.

I will have to introduce some ads, but nothing like that annoying in post ad. With the new server it costs a bit more $$. They will be much more subtle and not everywhere.

Got that as well earlier... :lol:
Thanks Eric!
....and Horse, if that's what's needed to bring ends to meet, bring it on! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back