Supermodel 1:72 scale Blohm Voss BV 138

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again for the heads up but I'm still a bit at odds. Most diagrams or plans appear to have a bulkhead with a door behind the pilots seat separating them from the radio operator. The kit has an open view to the interior ,ie No bulkhead but I can't see that being the case so I'm going with the bulkhead behind the pilots seat. Here is a current pic and yes I agree it looks exactly like the Revell kit now that I've seen it.

100_0127.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of my progress so far, Despite a basement flood and a ton of other stuff going on I found some time to hide in the man cave. I envy you retired guys !!!

And now apparently I'm having a prob with Photobuckets new format !!!!

100_0141_zpsbc6be622.gif

100_0152_zpsbc6be622.gif

100_0154_zpsbc6be622.jpg

Man I hate it when some web site screws with their format, especially after you get used to it !!!

Last edited:
I almost have the fuselage ready to go together. In the process of fabbing up some realistic looking cannon turrets. Then comes a TON of sanding and filling. The fit of the booms to the wings is terribble !!!
100_0162r.JPG
100_0164r.JPG
100_0158r.JPG
100_0159r.JPG

Last edited:
How good is that it mounts so I will have as reference for me when I lie with mine at GB seaplanes.

100_0182r.JPG
100_0178r.JPG
It's a pretty large plane. I bet it was quite a job climbing around inside it. Built some cannon turrets for it. The kit comes with two clear halves of the turret and the gun just rests on a pin of one of the halves, pretty cheesy. Again, there wasn't a ton of detailed pics of the turrets so I kind of took a few liberties based on what I have seen.
Speaking of cheesy, I picked up a 1:72 scale Ho 229 today for free. Some Turkish kit "PM models" it's atrocious !! worse even than FROG ! The whole kit only has about 10 pieces and they are so miss shaped it's beyond hope !

Looking good mate! Wouldn't want to be the front gunner on that thing...

Yep, that PM Horten is pretty terrible, but was the only kit on the market for while. (Their DFS 194 is pretty bad too, but is the only one on the market still)
Made one in '98 and have another in the stash now. The new moulding is pretty warped too, so wonder if the dies are in need of a change. (will be using it for practising luftwaffe mottles with the airbrush :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back