A couple of coats of Future and I was ready to start the decals
The kit decals were old and yellow so when I started this project I put them in a Ziplock and taped them in the window to let the sun bleach out the yellow and forgot about them. Skip ahead over 2 years and the sun had taken out a good deal of the yellow so I gave them a coat of Micro decal maker and started. They completely broke apart so I dug into my decal file and came up with some substitute from various sheets. All worked out fine with the exception of the codes which were from an old Microscale sheet. I was limited to the numbers I had left on the sheet, so don't check them against a real aircraft. They were very thin and delicate and one 6 and one 2 broke apart. I was able to piece together the 2 more or less but I will need to paint in the upper portion of the 6
Andy, I've had decals older than this work out, even without coating them. Its just a crap shoot and I guesss you shouldn't count on them but treat it as a bonus if they work.
Do-17E
I did the panel line work as well as pastel exhaust staining and sprayed everything with dull coat and pulled off all the window masks.
Last night I installed the landing gear, upper gun canopy and upper and lower antenna wires.
I really like the way this one turned out. I would say the only week point of this kit is the canopies which were rather crude, but that's the way most Airfix kits were from this era.
I will take some better pictures when the other 2 Dornier's are finished and I have my bench cleaned off for pictures.