Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito Mk.VI (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Plucked away today for a bit. Got the top side painted and started on a few of the decals. The wings are not yet permanently attached as it makes it easier to hang all the bits and pieces that tend to get in the way when applying decals. I am please with things so far and have to keep telling myself to take it slow. The props are just set into place to get an idea and the landing gear is still just loosely fitted. I may not bother gluing it at all if I can get it into place once I attach the landing gear doors. Still need to finish lots of little things like completing the painting of the canopy.

Cheers,

Jeff

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Almost done, just a few small pieces to add and a couple to adjust and I will call it finished. Here is what she looked like at the end of today's work.......

Due to a lack of scratch building skill I have had to modify the rocket load carried by my Mosquito. The field guys in 404 squadron rigged up dual rails so the load could still be four rockets per wing but I knew not to even attempt it. I still think it looks pretty slick with a load of four.

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0007-1.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

Still need to finish the canopy, add the wing tip light covers, radio mast, exhaust stacks and touch up a couple of spots with paint, dull coat her and a couple of other small things.

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back