TBF-1 Avenger

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I got most of the pe done. It's nice to start seeing bare pe frets. :D The interior has paint on it and I'll spray some future on it this week and start on the weathering. I got the wing flaps done today which was my biggest area of procrastination. Hopefully I can get it buttoned up by the end of the week and start getting some paint on it next week.

Thanks for looking.

It might be the fact that I'm a supreme amateur at this sort of thing (as mentioned in another response) but this modeling is otherwordly to me.

Do you do all the painting yourself? Is this all from a kit or are your making it from scratch (might sound like a stupid question but in College there were quite a few kids in the Art department who made casts and modified things to make miniatures of cars, planes, and fantasy figures.)

Fantastic work mate!!! Love your painting and PE work!

Your first 1:48th... what scale did you work before this? I'm guessing 1:72 by your detail painting...

Ultimate...you can get model kits of just about anything these days, most commonly in the form of unpainted plastic parts in boxes, which you build up and paint from instructions. Balsa wood and other kits are also available, aswell as some 'ready to assemble' fully painted plastic kits. Kits come in a range of scales, aircraft for example usually 1:144, 1:72, 1:48, or 1:32, though there are some exceptions.

Most of us here get the usual unassembled plastic kits which require assembly with glue, and we usually modify or correct them depending on accuracy or subject. This can be done by 'scratch-building' (using home-made or spare parts), or getting 'after market' sets: vacuum- formed ('vacform') plastic, resin, or metal photo-etch (PE) detail sets seperately produced to enhance kits. There's also alot of decal (marking/ water-slide transfer) sets available if you don't want to use the kit decals, or assemble kits to a specific theme.

Hope this is of some help!
If you have any questions on the subject, just ask any of the guys here - remember, no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers! :)

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back