Thanksgiving

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich is the goddamn Scrooge of Thanksgiving fellas... I say we tar and turkey feather him for trying to bring down our holiday cheer...

Whose with me???

I am. Grumpy ol' b@stard. Who the eff goes on a bike marathon on Thanksgiving for Pete's sake. I say we shove a turkey sausage down his throat and sic a pack of dogs to chase after it.

Another one is the Ham Bone. Do the same thing. Toss in some beans (white), celery, onions, spuds and you are on you way to a great ham bone soup.

Now yer talkin'! It is blaspemy in my house to throw away a perfectly good ham bone. But you forgot to add a cut up dried ancho chile.

Cleans ya' out too! Jeez, my mother made it when we were kids and after the family ate it, the house sounded like a brass band tuning up. Farting all over the place.

You gotta soak yer beans the night before. Old redneck trick. Sheesh. Yankees. :rolleyes: :lol:

hey what this tar n feather Bull S***

I'm going over Emon's place for that Lamb now that sounds like a true dinner pleasure.

Old Birds, you guys are tweeked ............ grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, bah humbug 8)

Hey now, I'm not the one that forgot to soak the Beans, that was someone else. This Yank is smarter than to throw hard beans into a pot of soup;)

Our plans are up in the air as of right now, one of my girlfriend's sisters is in the hospital and not doing the best, she has not shown much improvement. We were originally planning on going to her family's dinner at a different sisters house, and then go to my parents for another dinner! (Whew, better wear sweat pants or something!) But now, we have tentative plans to just go to my parents as Angie's parents have been in Iowa City all week at the hospital watching over her sister, and I don't think they'll be home by tomorrow, and no one wants to have thanksgiving with Angie's parents and sister in the hospital.

Ah in about 30 minutes, I am going to start pre cooking some of my stuff like the making the stuffing and what not!

Can't wait till tomorrow. Hmmmm

well I hope it is a great one for all our members, the gas lines were a mile long when I tried to fill up my 1-ton Chevy if that is any indication of the madness that will follow on I-5 later this afternoon

enjoy the bird gents / .................. I won't :D

Happy thanksgiving guys!

We're having thanksgiving at my house, going to have one set of grandparents, and my aunt over. There's going to be turkey, mashed potatoes, pie, the works.

I hope that all the forum members who celebrate Thanksgiving Day have a
great one. Those of you who don't celebrate it; you have a good day, too.

May all your troubles be wee ones..... [old Irish proverb].

Charles

:arrow: NO PICs, NO pics :!:

how about roast goose ..................................................................................................................................... anyone ?

how about roast goose ..................................................................................................................................... anyone ?

That's more of a Christmas thingy isn't it. Have not had Goose in several years. Got plenty of them hanging around the neighbor feeder and dropping special green colored presents all over the yard and driveway though.
One or two of the ornery Devils may have to mysteriously disappear someday;)

You have to have the traditional goose on St. Martins Day which is November 11.

Unfortunatly we had to postpone our tradional family St. Martins Day Goose, because of something that happened in the family.

No worries though. The goose will be eatin on the 7th of December. Better late than never...

That's more of a Christmas thingy isn't it. Have not had Goose in several years. Got plenty of them hanging around the neighbor feeder and dropping special green colored presents all over the yard and driveway though.
One or two of the ornery Devils may have to mysteriously disappear someday;)

We always do it like this:

November 11 - St. Martins Day: Goose
November ?? - Thanksgiving Day: Turkey and Ham
December 6 - Nikolaustag: Deer
December 24/25 - Christmas: Wild Boar

yes you're correct our Canadian geese have domesticated themselves here in Orygun and they taste like S***.

chris we will be over for Christmas man we have not had Boar for years.........ya gotta cook it right though as they get tough real easy or terribly greasy

still stick with Tri-tip or Ham for ~T~ day but my luck is running out as I have been given the forecast for the morrows afternoon festivities..........alas I am smitten, just to keep the in-laws and outlaws happy. Disgruntation over in the far corner of the card table dressed up with linen table cloths, I'll probably be eating alone

ah but the dual Berry Cobbler the Mrs and I concocted will be supreme, someone forgot to make pumpkin pies which is no loss to me ........ 8)

Sister whined enough to me last night and now I have to make a Chocolate Pecan Pie!!! Had other plans for the evening other than baking!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back