Thanksgiving

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Whats everyone doing for Thanksgiving. Obviously eating till your stomach explodes.

I am inviting about 15 friends over for dinner. I will spend the whole day slaving in the Kitchen and then after dinner watch some Football.

For dinner I am making:

Shrimp Cocktail
Deviled Eggs
Veggie Platter
Turkey
Giblet Gravy
Ham
King Crab Legs
Mashed Potatoes
Macoroni and Cheese
Candied Yams
Green Bean Casserole
Vegitables cooked in Herb Butter
Rolls
Cranberry Sauce
Applie Pie
Pumpkin Pie

you didn't stick your poor sweet little woman with cleaning up did you ?........wait till all the stuff is brick hard and have your friends clean up

personally I cannot stand that two legged overgrown feathered thing at the table, I'd go for a nice beef roast, but I am outvoted again, even tacos sounds better that the T word. will be fun sitting at the table with in-laws with dementia ........

shrimp cocktail sounds like a winner .......... :D

Damn! Your going all out, Adler.

We are taking the boys over to my Parents. Dad (Papa to the boys) is making:

Prime Rib
Yorkshire Pudding
Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing
Sweet Potatoes
Collard Greens
Rolls
Salad
Soup

Mom (Grammin) usually makes the appetizers and desserts:

Deviled Eggs
Assorted Cheese and Crackers
Jimmy Dean Sausage Balls
Shrimp Cocktail
Chips and dip
Lemon Icebox Pie
Mincemeat Pie (just for Papa, everybody else hates it)

And for leftovers, Dad is making a 14lb turkey for sandwiches the next day.

Phew... I'm gonna go purge just to prep myself. I need to remember to bring my feather too. :puke:

Damn, you guys are making me hungry! The fam and I will be going to my wife's aunts again this year. The usual stuff with lots of food. The kids will be with the in-laws until the afternoon stuff-fest, so I will hang my holiday lights in the morning and get it done.

I know, I know, Jews don't celebrate Christmas, but being the only house on the block with Jews in it, we hang blue lights. ;)

Ok, what the hell, I'm in too!

Champagne (have a bunch of Moet left over from a party in the spring)
Various cheese (French Munster, Afinois, Reblochon, Val D'Aosta)
Turkey
Gravy
Ham
Red Wine
Mashies
Green Bean Casserole
Beer
Apple Pie
Pecan Pie (both made by Amish)

Not as deep or long as others, but excellent to my taste.

After dinner, we'll watch the fiasco that is the Philadelphia Eagles as they play Arizona. One long drama about the end of a QB

Have a Happy Turkey Day Guys!

(Could probably go out and hunt for a Turkey, if I were in the mood but it's too much work, I have reconned the ground, the damn things are too smart with too good eyesight and getting one from the Amish is a lot cheaper and just as good...if not better)

Don't worry, Eric. My pre-wife has me going to her family because I cooked the last major holiday, Roshanna. I love making huge meals like TG.

and Tim, I'm hoping Reid is in there too. The McReid Era comes to an end.

I could probably run over one here in Orygun with my bike Tim at least you'll have some fresh west coast road kill for the table. Funny but they are really off the wall stupid here in my state, complete ignorance for bikes, cars, dogs pedestrians, etc. the suckers I swear breed new ones every month

may all of you be blessed and bless those that will make it as you dine with them.

He's just in the wrong state. A flock walked by my front door the other day and I'm in the middle of a town! Just as dumb on this side of the Delaware.

Evangilder said:
I know, I know, Jews don't celebrate Christmas, but being the only house on the block with Jews in it, we hang blue lights.

We have neighbors {the Steiner's} down the street who do the same
thing.....blue lights.

Because it's just me and my bride, I always take her out to dinner. We usually wind up at Strawberry Banks {in Hampton, Va.} where it's all you can eat for $19.95. We let someone else do the cleaning up. Of course, we do
miss out on left-overs....

Charles

you didn't stick your poor sweet little woman with cleaning up did you ?........wait till all the stuff is brick hard and have your friends clean up

personally I cannot stand that two legged overgrown feathered thing at the table, I'd go for a nice beef roast, but I am outvoted again, even tacos sounds better that the T word. will be fun sitting at the table with in-laws with dementia ........

shrimp cocktail sounds like a winner .......... :D

Actually I am a winner, when it comes to cleaning up. We will not be eating to late in the day (about 1900) because my wife has to get home from school and several of our friends have to work that day (The Germans do not celebrate Thanksgiving). So basically I do the cooking and then the next day when I have to work, she does not have school, so she gets to clean! :p

As for the Turkey, man I love Turkey on Thanksgiving day! You know what is better then having it on Thanksgiving? Making Sandwiches the next day. You take two slices of white bread, put your turkey on it, some mashed potatos, gravy and ham! Hmmm it is good! I know it sounds nasty, but it is good!

He's just in the wrong state. A flock walked by my front door the other day and I'm in the middle of a town! Just as dumb on this side of the Delaware.

You guys must have some domesticated birds around you. What color are they? If they're white, then they're not wild. On the other hand, like deer, maybe they've become desensitized to people and just don't care much anymore.

It is easier to get one already prepped. All the feathers off and gutted.

You take two slices of white bread, put your turkey on it, some mashed potatos, gravy and ham!

1. Two slices of white bread, lightly toasted, lettuce, tomato, cheese, couple of slices of white meat with light mayo and pepper on both slices of bread.

2. Two slice of white bread, couple of slices of american cheese on the toast after it comes out of the toaster and a quick broil on it (to melt the cheese), take some turkety slices (mixture is better), add in some gravy and give it a quick nuke for about 25 seconds to heat everything up. Dump it on one of the peices of bread. Drop the other piece of bread on and your golden!

Like the idea of adding ham Adler, have to give that a shot.

Turkey Gravy- Take a couple of cans of turkey soup for a base, slice n dice a red onion, drop it. Toss in half a stick of butter, let it simmer for a bit, add ground pepper and white wine (enough so you can taste it). Let the whole batch simmer for an hour or two. Then, when the turkey comes out of the oven, take the dripping and drop it into you gravy. It'll be a mess, but taste is outstanding!

Turkey and Catsup!!! I imagine she eats Steak and Eggs with Catsup as well;(

Stop with the leftover Turkey sandwich talk already. I won't be around for leftovers and it's starting to make me angry;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back