Thanksgiving (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Everyone needs to post some pictures of thier Turkey Dinner for Erich so he can see what he is missing;)

I'm going to be hiding under the bed until the wife drags me out and then going to the inlaws, only this year we are taking a good friend of mine to deflect the normal Father in Law "when are you going to college becuse you are subhuman if you don't have a degree" talk and to see that we are not making up how screwed up her family is...Well hopefully the food will be good...

Attachments

• thanksgivingrednecksys5.jpg
    thanksgivingrednecksys5.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 81
Going to a friend here in Atlanta, she is in charge of Turkey, gravy and all American traditional cooking, I've been framed to cook some Italian style pastasciutta (and bring original parmigiano cheese, of course)
Wife is not into cooking, she will be in charge of the drinks.
Stepson is coming from Ohio tonight, since I have corrupted him this summer with 'affogato al caffè' (vanilla ice cream and espresso coffee) I have to arrange this too.

Hope there will be Mr Ed, a former Thunderchief pilot in Korea who is a very funny guy; hopefully his korean wife will release him for the evening.

ok I know I have it it is a link to a deadliest catch marathon ad about eating crab insted of turkey

hey everything considering the food was great except for the Turkey slop. sadly my mother in law got on a high horse and screamed bloody murder at my youngest grand-daughter numerous times and then within 1 minute could not remember the incidents - proven dementia, the thanksgivings up north are getting more and more freaky

glad Christmas is on it's way with a quite of sorts holidays at home

That's sad, Erich. If my parents were going down that path, I likely would choose not to be around them. I know. That's cold. But I certainly would not subject my kids to abuse. I'm sorry for your wife.

I had myself a nice big gourmet double veggie burger! (I'm a vegetarian)

Didn't eat too much, thankfully. Was sick as a dog and slept most of Turkey day away. Headed home early in the evening and went to bed. Food was good, and thankfully I could taste it despite the cold I have.

yes it's killing my wife, her dad just looks at us with his mouth lying open, the great height of a strong man and Ww 2 vet, almost just a shell cannot remember anything, feel sorry for my daughter, the blow ups occurred a year ago and she did not go north for at least 6 months just to protect her girls.

I have to respect my parents/parents in-law and like you said it's tough but they deserve it even upon losing their minds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back