That Nat Geo ad...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crunch

Senior Airman
OK, I'm not one to winge about things that are out of my control. I also totally understand why there is advertising and why it needs to be there, and of course, it's making my time on the forum free.

But it REALLY slows down the forum and my computer! To the point that it irritates me to be on the forum when it's on. :cry:

So, to the powers that be, delete, lock, hide this thread, do whatever needs to be done, but I'm just letting you know.

And I've seen threads about ads get out of hand and turn into a massive bitch-fest on other forums, so I'll just ask other members not to go overboard should they choose to voice their displease. Courtesy gets you much much further...

Andrew.

Yeah, it's been giving me grief as well. I find if I scroll down far enough so that I can't see it, it doesn't slow my computer down as much. I guess we'll just have to put up with it as helps keep this great place running money wise.

What ads are you talking about. I have not seen a National Geographic ad. In fact the only ads I ever see are non graphic ads.

Haven't seen the National Geographic ad yet, but I have noticed that the ads tend to be reflective of the thread's keywords.

My personal favorite tho, was a while back, when rochie posted a thread about the rocket attack on the U.S. embassy in Yemen...

It read: "Meet single Arabs HERE" :shock:

Today, I'm getting a flash banner for the movie "Valkyrie" starring Tom Cruise...

Now that ad is causing my machine to stutter for a moment when it loads...

As far as the National Geographic ad, I'm wondering if it's something specific to Australia and that region?

I still do not see any of these flash ads or animated ads. Like I said my anti ad/spy/virus ware stops all of this.

For the people that are having problems with this, I recommend downloading a better adware program and search your computer for ad/spyware.

I believe the ads are localised. I usually get a Dutch ad, asking me to become a traffic controler. I don't think anyone else outside the NL would get it as most of you wouldn't understand it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back