THAT would freak out any man !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sadly, that happens everywhere. I had a similar experience while home on leave from the Air Force.

I met a girl at a party, we got drunk and a few months later, I got a call. I don't talk about this often, or to many people. I was doing what I could to provide money and support from England. My discharge date was a couple of weeks before her due date. I had planned to be there to see the baby being born. A week before my discharge date, a drunk driver crossed the center line and killed the baby and the mother. My daughter, Mary Ellen, would have turned 21 this year.

You can point and laugh, but I have to tell you, being a parent is a big responsibility, and too many times, children are left to one parent raising them. I was all prepared to be a father when the world turned upside down for me.

Don't mean to be a buzz kill for your thread, but after preparing to do what was right and be a father to my child, I get a little miffed when I think of what most guys would do.

Sh*t... Eric, I'm sorry for your daughter. I think we can say you're a brave man for wanting to help raise the child. Many men would have ran away instead of "facing the music".

I just felt genuine sadness for her

Not ridicule or incredulity, she comes across as a loving, giving woman, possibly a little too trusting and naive but I don't think those are crimes just yet.

As for the guy, who knows if he's the villain here, he could well have not realised that he left her pregnant but one thing I would ask of him is how do you walk away from a gal that pretty and not want to see her again?

I hope it turns out OK for her.

That's terrible Eric! :salute:

Too many guys are fighter pilots, firing shoot and forget missiles.....never think about the lass. Sometimes though, the lassies play a dirty game....

Sometimes though, the lassies play a dirty game....

Yeah, something like : "Whoops, a baby... I need half of your paycheck, now."

Although I doubt it is her case... as she stated she only wanted him to know he had a child. But who really knows what a girl thinks/wants ? :rolleyes:

Anyway, as I stated in my first post...

Going on vacation ? Cool with me.
Wanna have fun on vacation ? Cool with me. But play it smart, use condoms !

Danish newspaper online, BT.dk today, translated by me:

Danish YouTube-mom's name is Ditte

More than 500.000 people have been watching blonde "Karen"'s search for the unknown father of her son, August, on YouTube.
And in the last couple of days, danish media has been looking for the danish YouTube-mother.

But the woman on the video isn't named "Karen", and she doesn't have a son named "August".
The woman's name is Ditte Arnth Jørgensen, she's 29 years old and she's studying to become an actress.
BT.dk has been in contact with a person close to the 29-year old, who confirms that the woman on the YouTube-video is identical with the young actress.
The person that BT.dk has talked with, hasn't got any idea about what the idea behind the video is, though.

BT.dk has also talked with the young woman's father, who for unknown reasons denies any kind of knowledge of his daughter, or the video.

BT.dk has been trying all morning to get in touch with the woman, but hasn't succeeded so far.
----------------------------------

Link to danish-language article on bt.dk
In other words:
Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

My bet is that it's a video made to show Ditte's skill as an actress, something which many young budding actors make, and then someone put the video on YouTube - either intentionally as a public video, og unintentionally, because that someone isn't used to using either YouTube or the internet - or both.

I'll keep you posted on this, when more shows up in the news.

It turned out that the video was produced by the official tourism agency, VisitDenmark:

jp.dk - YouTube hunt for father a fake

YouTube hunt for father a fake

<Irony ON> Mmmhmmm, really great advertising campaign for Denmark! </Irony OFF>
Whoever had this idea at the ad agency definitely needs a new job in my eyes; thanks a lot for the bad publicity - a$$hole!
Sometimes it doesn't hurt to use one's brain, ad clown!
Oh sorry - I forgot...you need to have a brain to do that! ;)

I know a few friends who had a little problem like this. It is human to make a mistake, but oh boy I sure as hell make sure that I do not have a problem like this. I feel for her, but do just go home with a stranger should also say something about her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back