The Ashes Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We'll lose 5-0...Our team is so bad at the moment, the batting can be ok but our bowling unit is abismal. Hoggard bowls great with the new ball but then drops off, Flintoff is generally good but Harmison is so up and down we should just drop him...Giles is immense though, and we need Simon Jones back...

look gentlemen its not the case of win lose or draw but the ban on musical instruments has been in place at the Gabba for 12 yrs and is down to the Gabba Trust organisation who runs the Gabba for other venues other than cricket. most of us enjoy the antics of the barmy army as a supporter group of fans as we have our own called the fanatics but the ban applies equally to aussies as it does to poms. and the ban on back packs due to security issues plus that previous mobs of rat bags had smuggled into the ground items of offensive nature which spoiled the atmosphere for other patrons. though i do not agree with some parts of the banning of say a musicla instrument for example a trumpet it came about due to some arseholes previosuly playing up like second hand lawn mowers and complaints from other patrons about it. so the instrument ban was put in place at the Gabba. its not the case of trying to spoil any ones fun but the Gabba Trust trying to avoid further incidents that have occured before. also the mexican wave was banned because some bozos decided to throw condoms full of muck urine and faeces at other patrons whilst the wave was in progress. So unfortunately the innocent supporters who just wanted to enjoy their day at the cricket has been spoiled due to certain members of the public who preformed anti social behaviour previously and hence the bans on certain activities being put in place at the Gabba. As for our attitude of winning at all cost lanc its a part of Aussie mentality to win. we except defeat but due to our nature we love to win. it comes from our attitude of our convict and colonial past. we came to this country we tamed it we competed against nature itself and now we as a nation of sportsmen and women apply the same to our sports and our very exsistence. i presume it is something the English will never understand about the Australian mentality and to you English it comes of as arrogance in what we do and say in all things up to and including sports. Sports to an Aussie is a challenge to be over come like we over came our enviroment here in Australia and besting the Poms in games you invented is a total bonus to us. that is why Aussies compete so hard to win and we refer to the English as the Old Enemy in sports. Our New Zealand counterparts think the same when it comes to beating the English and they the Kiwis are our fiercest rivals in all sports including cricket rugby union and rugby league they also are our fiercest friends across the Tasman. But Aussies are unique in one way gentlemen no one but us Aussies play the Ashes so hard against the Poms and going by the results at the Gabba for the rest of the tests it will be another 27 years before you lay your hands on the Urn again. I hope that explains what has occured over last 4 days at the Gabba and the bans that have been in place its unfortunate but it applies just as much to Aussie fans as it does Pommy Fans. Now all I can say is enjoy the cricket for what it is worth. If it had not been for some anti social ratbags these bans would never have been put in place. Sorry if you as Englishmen feel a bit set upon but hey what can i say some of my fellow country men decided to ruin it for others by anti social behaviour previously with their loutish behaviour and that can not be tolerated at any stage for any reason. so sit back and enjoy the cricket because gentlemen i am enjoying watching the Aussie team at the Gabba and will do at Adelaide Sydney Melbourne and Perth whether it be win lose or draw.

how the hell can you ban mexican waves :lol: but you aussies have forgotten it's a sport to be enjoyed and have taken to winning at all costs, even writing books of songs to sing to piss off the British, that's just not cricket if you'll excuse the pun...................

Well as i said Lanc. mexican wave banned at Gabba due to some malcontents throwing urine and faeces at other people in the crowd at the Gabba. So something had to be done for overall enjoyment of watching the Cricket at the Gabba. unfortunately the powers to be banned the mexican wave due to complaints from other patrons stemming from what had occured before. Please don't blame us generally for a few nitwits who did anti social behaviour at the Gabba as we still enjoy our Cricket as well. If any one to blame lay it on a few anti social morons that ruined it for others Lanc. But you English with your barmy army somewhat do the same to us Lanc songs sang at sporting events and websites to bag our players so all said and done what comes around goes around me old mate. And it wasn't the Aussies that developed the BodyLine now was it Lanc. And today being the last day of play you Poms may have a chance still to win as of stumps yesterday your team was 5/253 and had a run chase of 0f 350 plus to win. not much of a chance but at least have a go at it

Its all over at the Gabba. England all out in 2nd innings for 370 runs. trailing Australia by 277 runs. Aussies won at the Gabba. Well done Aussies. Commiserations to the English. Thanks for the game. Now onto Adelaide next Friday

To the credit of the English side they did do a fight back on Sunday afternoon and were playing really well. They were 5/253 at one stage at close of stumps and had a real opportunity to go for a win or a draw. that was until Monday morning when the wheels fell of and within 90 minutes of play they were all out for 270. Think it was too little too late. But well played gentlemen.

Oh I see Cheddar BOYCOTT BOYCOTT how about recalling Ian Botham whilst you are at it

Dont be ridiculous ;) We should recall Boycott and David Gower and then we'll be on the road to victory...
I dont think we'd have had the chance to play for the draw at 253-5. Pietersen gets impatient and Jones, great batsman though he is, never seems to push on for big totals. And unless Giles and Hoggard could get a 300+ partnership we were always gonna lose :lol:
As soon as Collingwood went we were pretty much out of it IMHO...

Well done Aussies though...

Well dont worry, the Mexican waves havent been banned at Adelaide Oval (the most beautiful cricket ground in the world!)

The Barmy army is a great invention, it makes for easier identification of the enemy, plus the sullen look they get at the end of the game makes your day.

Sorry Poms but you are the enemy. Even if you dont want to be. KiwIs arent far behind.:D Yes we're arrogant and yes we're proud of it!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!

Damn right! There's no point in playing sport if you don't intend to win!

Look Wildcat i tried to be a little more reasonable than tell the poms we are arrogant and we play to win etc. tried to be a little bit diplomatic. oh bugger why bother. stuff them they are the enemy hahaha

We aren't the enemy, you are. It's our damn sport ;)

I actually dont really mind if we lose. I like a lot of the Aussies - Ponting, Langer, Hussey, Lee, Gillespie, Clarke and Katich but he wasnt selected...
The Aussies are the best side in the world and losing to them isnt that bigger deal for me...I expect us to lose :lol:

it's the principle of the thing, they should have more respect for the nation that made them what they are!

No lanc, they chose to be criminals. They knew the consequences ;) :lol:

We are not criminals. we choose to beat you at sports the English invent because its our duty to show the world that us former colonials wrap up your arses in games you lot invented. not our fault that mostly poms are so piss poor when it comes to sport hahaha

Made us what we are???

Pom influence ended in 1915 in a hell hole named Gallipoli, the nail in the cofin was Churchill with his placing secondary importance on the defence of our nation in 1942.

Should be a good match though, weather will be a lot cooler this weekend. Heard last night they (poms) were planning on playing some spinners? Why? Adelaide suits pace...

We are not criminals. we choose to beat you at sports the English invent because its our duty to show the world that us former colonials wrap up your arses in games you lot invented. not our fault that mostly poms are so piss poor when it comes to sport hahaha
boring games with the exception of rugby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back