The Ashes Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

boring games with the exception of rugby

Well cricket is beyond the scope of most in North America but we won't go there. yes Rugby Union is a great game i agree but so is Rugby League which my mates in Victoria South Australia and Western Australia might not agree with. However as for Cricket the idea is to defeat the Poms (English) so its not boring to us pbfoot

Made us what we are???

Pom influence ended in 1915 in a hell hole named Gallipoli, the nail in the cofin was Churchill with his placing secondary importance on the defence of our nation in 1942.

Should be a good match though, weather will be a lot cooler this weekend. Heard last night they (poms) were planning on playing some spinners? Why? Adelaide suits pace...

Its ok Steve. the poms have forgotten we are a country all of our own and yet they still think we are just bloody colonials and should do as we are told by our so called mother. get over it poms since the Boer War you poms have been pissing us off with your so called attitude hahaha

yes Rugby Union is a great game i agree but so is Rugby League which my mates in Victoria South Australia and Western Australia might not agree with. However as for Cricket the idea is to defeat the Poms (English) so its not boring to us pbfoot

I agree, I much prefer League over union, in fact i was a Bronco fan years back. My old man used to play and my brother represented South East Queensland.
Cricket is only boring to people who don't understand the game, I personally can't get enough of it! I go to every Redbacks game I can and already have my Australia Day ODI tickets, can't wait!

I prefer Union over League but that is probably due to be involved (playing/watching/bit of coaching) it for 12 years...

Anyway England were 266-3 at stumps on the first day. Collingwood 98* and Pietersen 60*

Hmmm throwing the ball backwards makes no sence to me Im affraid... However I do love to watch rugby (either code) in pubs. Good atmosphere!

As much as I love cricket, AFL is my true love. The game of the gods! The only good thing about a rainless winter!:)

England played well today Gnomey, got off to a slow start but when Pietersen came to the crease they really upped the run rate. Lucky not to get caught off Lee's last over though...
As for AFL Steve, I still can't get into the game, I personally find in boring and overrated and the amount of media coverage the game gets in this state really gives me the sh*ts sometimes. Doesn't help that the missus and her family are all big Port supporters! :rolleyes:

the nail in the cofin was Churchill with his placing secondary importance on the defence of our nation in 1942

i don't think that's altogether unreasonable do you? but that's a completely different discussion..........

and play's looking a bit more in our favour now, we'll see though.......

Unreasonable? - Yes, I'm pretty sure if the roles were reversed and the English had almost their entire armed forces fighting in Australia, and then suddenly their homeland was under attack and open to a possible invasion, I'm pretty sure the English people would want (demand?) their troops home for their own defence.

Anyway, bring on the cricket!

no wildcat i meant it's not unreasonable that Churchill gave defence of England priority over that of Austrialia...

but that's for annother day, today's about reminding you guys how well we're doing and of Collingwood's innings ;)

off to watch the BBC coverage of the 3rd day now! i love the BBC coverage because they actually show ducks when someone goes for 0, dislikes- the assie guy that does the links!

man alive you aussies were lucky! Ponting dropped and then the missed run out! things would be even worse for you guys if he'd gone, but with that missed catch and no wickets there will be huge calls to have Panisar in the next test, because of the time frame though this test will no doubt end in a draw............

man alive you aussies were lucky! Ponting dropped and then the missed run out! things would be even worse for you guys if he'd gone, but with that missed catch and no wickets there will be huge calls to have Panisar in the next test, because of the time frame though this test will no doubt end in a draw............

No doubt but it gives hope for the next test and we only need to win one and draw the other 2 to retain the Ashes...

Yep gotta give it to you guys, the Poms have done well, theres no denying. Should be a good one today! Have to watch it at work!

Port Supporters! ARRHGHHHH!!! THE LOCAL ENEMY. No wonder you cant get into it with that mob being around! :D

off to watch the BBC coverage of the 3rd day now! i love the BBC coverage because they actually show ducks when someone goes for 0, dislikes- the assie guy that does the links!

Yeah we get the little cartoon duck that walks across the screen dragging his bat and his head down. Always loved that!8) When I watched the BBC coverage last year, I actually found it to be too biased toward England which I found annoying. With the channel 9 coverage they are pretty neutral even though many of the commentators are former Aussie players. Makes for better viewing IMO.

Australia wins!!!! man your guys let that one slip through their hands! What a way to end a test match. Poor old Flintoff looked like he was about to cry at one stage, he was definately the pick of the English bowlers, might have been a different story had he had some help from the other end. The game would have definately been a draw if the English batsmen hadn't scored a very slow 70 of 50 odd overs.
Oh well, bring on Perth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back