The Ashes Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sorry been away from computer last few days due to work but did manage to see some cricket. first innings by England and Australia pretty much standard in my opinion. Was surprised about how England who was leading by first innings declared and managed to throw it down the tube in second innings. Any way Perth should be a good test match

No, Panesar needs to play instead of Anderson...We lose a lot of batting depth if Giles goes, as neither of our wicket keepers are particularly outstanding with the bat at the moment...

Panasar bowled well yesterday. I'm betting some of the English's selectors are getting grilled for not picking him earlier! I say bring back that hack Giles, I enjoy watching him try to spin the ball!

Boy the English got smashed today!! Gilchrist was awesome! second fastest hundred in test history. And on top of a great day with the bat, Bing lee got Strauss for a quacker. Sorry boys, but it looks like the little urn will be coming back.

it was nice having the urn for very short time but we were just not good enough and didnt realy compete or the aussies were much better and just walked all over us we'll try again in two years any chance of ponting mcgrath hussey etc retiring before then !!!!!!!

its a shame to hear that warney is going to retire at the end of this series. I think it will leave a big gap in the Australian Test side, one that will be hard to fill.

it was nice having the urn for very short time but we were just not good enough and didnt realy compete or the aussies were much better and just walked all over us we'll try again in two years any chance of ponting mcgrath hussey etc retiring before then !!!!!!!

Possibley McGrath according to media will retire rochie. but we do have talented cricketers up and coming from various states in Australia. But 2009 Ashes series is a long way off yet but just keep in mind it took the English side 27 years to regain the Ashes in 2005 and lots of Aussie Cricket legends retired in that time It may take you another 27 odd years to regain it next time. I suppose that isn't much comfort for you rochie

rain delays play at SCG. what a surprise. at last some rain. but its only delaying the match so far. will it be 5 games to nil and the aussies winning back to back series of test matches straight over last 12 months in international cricket and if it is going to be 5 games in ashes series win that hasn't been accomplished since the 1920s. so good luck to the aussies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back