The Ashes Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Does this mean the English players have to give their MBE's back? :lol: Still can't believe they got gongs for winning a couple of games of cricket. Maybe because of the flogging they got they should be branded LMF! :lol:

Does this mean the English players have to give their MBE's back? :lol: Still can't believe they got gongs for winning a couple of games of cricket. Maybe because of the flogging they got they should be branded LMF! :lol:

does this mean shane warne will get knighted wildcat for services for cricket and showing the poms how to win a game of cricket hahaha

there was actually talk of recruiting Warne to assist in the coaching of the English side- and i'm not kidding!

Im actually more upset at the retirement of Langer and Warne (Not so much McGrath, never liked him) than I am at the loss of the Ashes. I knew we'd lose 5-0 way before the series started.

I don't think a lot of people are realising that half the assie old timers are retiring and wont be in the next series and are expecting the next series to be like this one.........

If you look at the state teams most have former Australian test or one day players, so I disagree with your last statement Lanc. Take "my" team, the South Australian Redbacks for example. The captain is Darren Lehman, the senior bowler none other then Jason Gillespie :cool:, Matthew Elliotl, Greg Blewett, Shaun Tait, Dan Cullen and Mark Cosgrove have all played for Oz in one form of the game. I'm sure you have heard of a few of these players and can understand the experiance they pass on to the younger up coming players.

You arent gonna have much problem replacing Warne for the meanwhile, Stuart MacGill is pretty good, even though hes getting on a bit. Having him in the side for a year or so will give more time to groom Dan Cullen and Cullen Bailey, maybe even playing them alongside MacGill in some of the less important test series.

Plenty of fast bowlers up to the task as well (Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Tait, Shane Watson etc) and batsmen such as Phil Jacques can fill the voil left by Langer. Aussies have no problem with new people. And I hate you for it ;)

better not tell him Wild that the highest Pura Cup match run rate was played between Victoria and Queensland in 2006 with Queensland scoring 6 for 900 declared against Victoria. and Lanc Wild has only mentioned the South Australians there is Queensland New South Wales Victoria Western Australia and Tasmania all with Pura Cup teams all with former and current Aussie team experience members and of course we have not mentioned the up and comers yet from each state in Australia. Are we worried no mate we are not sorry to disappoint you Lanc

Having watched the Twenty20 match, I believe that Cameron White is one of the best batsmen I have had the pleasure of watching at the crease. He is also an alright spinner as well. Also, England has the uncanny ability to collapse at crucial moments.

Well having seen Cameron White play for Vic at many Pura Cup/Ford Ranger Cup games I agree. It was only a matter of time for him to be called up. He batted well today against NZ.

Yes he did. Tomorrows match between New Zealand and England will be a good one to watch as well.
Has anyone heard of the beach cricket tournament happening soon in Australia between Australia, the Windies and England?
So many legends to watch! Viv Richards, Courtney Walsh, Dean Jones, Dennis Lillee, Grahame Gooch, the list goes on.

Yep, Pieterson copped one in the ribs by Glenn McGrath a few days ago. Looked pretty painful. Anyway England beat the Kiwi's today down in Tassie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back